• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bling vs. Black

Ok guys what looks better on a black nsx: All polished or chrome 5 star bling bling style wheels or Polished lip with high gloss black 5 star rims? I have bbs style silver with polished lips now 17/18. I will be upsizeing to 18/19 I think. What do yall think? :)

I think polished or chrome looks better than black wheels. (Black wheels remind me of dirty wheels and/or spare tires and similar crappy steel wheels.)

However, I think other colors and finishes - notably brushed aluminum, or paint in silver or gunmetal gray - look better than either one.

before i saw this black nsx with black wheels i thought the nsx would look better with chrome/polished wheels but after i saw them i think black/black wheels is really nice.
attachment.php

Vizal said:
But your cheating! thats Black wheels with Chrome lip ;)

di you read what TexasBrent wanted: or Polished lip with high gloss black 5 star rims?

Here is a shot of Volk GTC's in custom painted Black on the left and Gun Metal on the right.

Last edited:
A better shot of them painted Black.

Last edited:
And a better one of the Gun Metal.

Last edited:
This is what made me want these wheels ...

Pictures courtesy of Gerry Johnson's PANSX.

Pa_14.jpg

Pa_21.jpg

If you go here, you'll see comparsion of same car with the plain aluminum centers.

Great response guys!! You know those gunmetal look pretty damn hot too!! :D thks Brent

I like black on Polish lip but never have enough guts go get it. so I end up with Silver on polish wheels all the time.

Texas91Brent said:
Ok guys what looks better on a black nsx: All polished or chrome 5 star bling bling style wheels or Polished lip with high gloss black 5 star rims? I have bbs style silver with polished lips now 17/18. I will be upsizeing to 18/19 I think. What do yall think? :)

If i have a black nsx i will install a gloss black with a polish lip 19 & 18.
:) See the mercedes, bentley's in black color with these color wheels.

Never thought I liked the black centered wheels till I saw this thread, has a very agressive look to it. Still, I think I prefer the gunmetal, just slighly more 'low-key' or 'subdued' looking. One more GM/Polished lip 5 spoke.
7430nsxdrivcrop-med.JPG

Nate

My New Wheels!... Not quite Black, but Gunmetal! Volk LE-28N's :D

7225IMG_1025-med.jpg

7225IMG_0989-med.jpg

nice pics and nice wheels..

i am almost swayed by black wheels with a polished lip but i have to side with Ken..

generally speaking, black wheels look cheap and gunmetal wheels always look like they're covered in brake dust.... chrome or polished always look right on black cars.. JMHO as always. ;)

Back