• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blodi's Lovefab LF600 Engine and Turbo Build...

Yes....after the almost 2 ft of snow melts away. Should be delivered within a week. Cody is just trying to align the delivery with the pick-up of another car. Once it's back, I am planning on pulling the gauge cluster and CCU to send into BrianK for inspection/repair. Then should hopefully have it all back together and ready to rock once the weather gets nice again. Can't wait!

Look who's home!

Too bad the winter conditions don't support driving the beast, but my God the sound is insane with the WOFI! It's going to be torture waiting for the snow/salt to disappear now. I have a few other little things to do until then at least to keep me occupied. Thanks to Cody for stepping up to the challenge of making this setup work with the diffuser, not an easy feat when you look at it in person. Glad to have her back in the garage even if it's just going to sit with the trickle charger for a bit.

IMG_20140301_122357 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20140301_122422 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20140301_122759 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20140301_130949 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20140301_131002 by blodi, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/12860388363/

Last edited:
wow Alex.very humble looking avatar..........:biggrin:

Took some time yesterday to remove the CCU and gauge cluster to send to BrianK for inspection/repair and plastidipped a few exposed bits of the upper rear bumper and bolts n' stuff. Feel bad about tearing the interior apart since Travis did such a nice job cleaning it out. But I did my best to not get it dirty.

<iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/12890564484/player/" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/12890206483/in/photostream/player/" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Got 'er all back together this last weekend and Sunday night the roads were dry enough for a quick run up to the gas station to put some fresh fuel in. 18 degree temps did the tires no favors. 2nd...useless, like the tires are just on ice. 3rd.....sketchy....at best and that was before full boost. The WOFI sound.....ridiculously awesome. This summer is gonna be fun.

What was wrong with your gauge cluster?

Nothing. However, another local primer car here had a capacitor blow and start a fire on the back of his cluster a couple summers ago. Luckily they had an extinguisher handy and no damage was done to the car other than the cluster. Seeing that....I figured I'm just gonna play it safe and send it in while I sent in the CCU. Might be just a freak thing, but I'll sleep a bit better.

BTW, I have another update to this build thread/saga, but I'm waiting for a bit more info until I do so. :rolleyes:

....BTW, I have another update to this build thread/saga, but I'm waiting for a bit more info until I do so. :rolleyes:

Uh-oh....

Another upgrade already?

Because of a failure? Yep. Internal Datalogs indicate a mechanical failure of the headgasket variety, as the tune was solid based on the data. I'm betting a pulled headstud or three based on the amount of coolant pouring out of the exhaust....

Wrapping up some other work to clear lifts, then I dig into Blodis car again.

That's a lot of funk-flavored milkshake ;-(

My bet is on pulled head studs..........

Fingers are crossed though,
Brian

On a related note, was helping a friend prep his DSR for the racing season and after the initial start-up and short run, there was major water in the crankcase.
After us checking the plumbing and cooler / pump functionality he realized that he never added anti-freeze before storage.
THIS was the WRONG WINTER to have made that mistake, so that block is pooched ;-(

I hope your outcome is much better,
Brian

Well....Cody got er opened up yesterday. It's what we feared...split sleeve/block. What is strange is how much meth was in the intake/throttlebody/intake manifold. So, we are thinking there was too much meth spraying and it hydrolocked. So, needless to say, the meth system is getting yanked. It was left over from my BBSC setup and we just kept it in for and extra level of safety....I guess that backfired.

Block is stripped down and getting shipped to Benson's this week. The piston from that cylinder has minor damage that could be fixed with a recoat. Question now...while it's all part...go 3.2 LF1200 with stronger rods/bigger bore? Or just keep it an LF800 with sleeves.

Also, Cody discovered my rear vtec was not engaging at the engine and corrected it. So...there is a free 50+rwhp when it's back together.

Pics....for those with strong stomachs only........
ResizedImage_1399064481565 by blodi, on Flickr

ResizedImage_1399064509386 by blodi, on Flickr

ResizedImage_1399228545186 by blodi, on Flickr

ResizedImage_1399239518083 by blodi, on Flickr

ResizedImage_1399239984555 by blodi, on Flickr

ResizedImage_1399241801299 by blodi, on Flickr

Holy frijoles (it's Cinco De Mayo ;-), I never would have thought of that!

Since Spring hasn't really 'expressed' itself yet here (but the potholes HAVE), I would go with the lower downtime option and just get it all buttoned back up.

It'll already be scary fast when fully sorted ;^D

Brian

Block was shipped to Benson's on Wed for repair/resleeving. The pistons will be dropped off Monday for recoating. Then.....we wait. 2-4 week return for the block and then hopefully Cody can hit the ground running and screw it all back together. Shooting for lower boost this time in the 12-13 psi range. I'm thinking that even with that boost level, the power will be equal or possibly higher than before with the rear bank vtec now working. Less boost, stronger motor,no meth......should last a while this time.

Update: Even better...Cody dropped off the pistons this morning for coating. Moving along.

Last edited:
Unfortunate mishap. Although I had mine for "extra" precaution and a fail proof tune in case it stopped spraying/witch it did.
I listened to Cody and Chris and had mine removed. I was missing it severly til now. It paid off to listen to the LoveDoc/Cody & Chris.
I'm sticking with my safe tune and being happy where I'm at.
Guess I'm back on christmas eve status waiting for your build to be complete...keep your head up.

Back