• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blodi's Lovefab LF600 Engine and Turbo Build...

Is Cody out of town? Been trying to reach him for two weeks without success.

how is your car running?^^^^

It's ok.....the tune could really use some attention. But it was built to handle a lot more than it's doing presently.

Is Cody out of town? Been trying to reach him for two weeks without success.

Between shop & family, he is a bit consumed lately.
Try text, he will answer @some point. (after holidays/family time)

Is that a downforce rear diffuser? It doesn't look like my taitec.

There are suttle differences it seems like between the two.

You would think with all the coin Blodi has dropped at Lovefab he would be entitled to the secret bat phone hotline! Yikes.

I'm saving up my frequent customer points for a spin in the Enviate Pikes Peak car :p

It's worth mentioning...probably 4 out of 5 times he gets back to me pretty much immediately either by text or email. Other times, I know he just has more pressing issues than to answer some random question I thought of.
When things are underway and there are updates to be had...the communication is almost constant with photos and info...much of which I post here.

Dang Ryan! So sorry to hear about the "birthing" issues regarding your engine. I've been there myself and empathize.

I'm glad you're sticking with it though and look forward to hearing about the engine's progress. Keep your chin up!

You would think with all the coin Blodi has dropped at Lovefab he would be entitled to the secret bat phone hotline! Yikes.

Cody, unlike any other company I've dealt with has been available during critical times at tracks, out of state events and many other randam occasions to answer questions, give tech advice, answer questions on products, opinion or just to check in. So, I guess when some can't get in contact with him, they are not used to the quiet time. We should not take his availabilty for granted/20hrs on call. lol.

Last edited:
Timeserts are in.....doing them for added strength, not because of a failure of the stock threads.

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/qUs8uROzSl/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Found that after a couple of rebuilds, there may be thread issues. Possibly the overboost resulting in headgasket rupture or worse yet, hydrolock resulting in split sleeve probably stretches and weakens the internal threads. On rebuild 3, found that trying to torque the heads down resulted in pulled studs, I know that Cody felt that any "blown" motor should get timeserts

So this is getting interesting. Yesterday, Cody set himself a very aggressive goal of getting my engine finished, installed, tuned and ready to roll so he can take the car to the Western Michgan Honda meet this weekend to show off...which starts...tomorrow. He and I figure this will be a good chance to get the engine broken in and get some good street tuning/testing/monitoring done.

He got the heads in yesterday mid-day. This morning I got the following picture in my inbox at 7am.....stay tuned...things are gonna be progressing quickly here.

IMG_20140716_215229_119 by blodi, on Flickr

now what does the 800 stand for?

I believe potential hp at the crank that the engine will hold. However, I'm not pushing it anywhere near that. HP levels will actually probably be pretty similar to before I would imagine. Shooting for 12-13psi this time, no meth, and now my rear bank vtec will actually be working. All that with a now stronger block should give some reliability.

Just got word....car is just down to getting fluids. Should be seeing ignition shortly. That's a hell of a days work.

Back