• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bluetooth Microphone Install On Targa?

I've done a search and couldn't really find an informative thread on this subject. I have a targa and am installing a double din in the coming days. Where should I install the bluetooth mic? I've seen many posts with the mic installed either:

A) near the top of the driver side A pillar in between the headliner, or
B) on the top of the steering column

From those of you who have already done this install, where is your BT mic and how is your sound reception? I would prefer option A's location but am worried with the targa off there may be too much wind noise when the top is off. Of course option B could have that same issue. As always, your feedback and recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

I have a targa and mine is mounted above the mirror between the sun visors. No matter where you mount it you will not be able to use it if the targa is off or even just a window down as the mics are so sensitive they pick up everything.

I installed mine in location A but I am generally very disappointed with the audio quality over BT in my application with the Oxygen Audio O'car. It's only usable when standing still, even better with engine off.

This has nothing to do with the location of the mic though, I think this location is the best by far but then again, I'm not driving a targa :wink:

I installed my BT microphone in a custom pod that I built. You can see the small microphone holes in the left bottom corner of the pod. I wanted the mic to be discrete.

ceiling_pod.JPG

I used a microphone from Radio Shack and the quality is not as good as I would like.
If anyone knows of a good BT microphone, I'd like to give it a try.

I don't think this will work well in the NSX period, especially with the top off. I just have a wired headset in my center console and if I MUST talk when driving the NSX, which isn't often, I just use it. Works the best.

I don't think this will work well in the NSX period, especially with the top off. I just have a wired headset in my center console and if I MUST talk when driving the NSX, which isn't often, I just use it. Works the best.

^This. First, drive when you drive. Don't talk over the phone. Doesn't matter that it is hands-free. And if you really must, a headset would be the best, preferrably one with audio insulation.

But when parked I think the mic in location A works pretty well, no one has complained yet.

^^ what is all that?

It's a custom pod I designed and built to house:
BT microphone, Valentine 1, Laser Jammer, Garage door opener, Parking Sensor- button that turns on an electromagnetic field in front of my car to sense proximity to curbs, AUX (secret) and a Mute button for the BT phone mic.

It's invisible from outside of the car unless the viewer bends down low enough to look up to see the hardware in this pod. It provided an ideal (convenient yet obscure) location for the V1 and the jammer.

I installed it in location A. It's nearly invisible from outside the car. It can be used with the targa off. In the very few instances I take calls in the car and the targa is off, I do roll the windows up.

Mine is in position B with the Kenwood Bluetooth module. Most people complain unless I get close to the microphone. I have the newer Kenwood Bluetooth module in a different car and it is positioned by the rear view mirror and it works well even with the convertible top down and the windows up. I think that it has much better noise cancellation.

I have a pioneer f90BT. I have a wired mic thats great when the car isn't moving. After about 50mph its hard for me to be heard so im told. I'd like to find a mic with noise cancellation that would work with the avic f90bt.

Mine is mounted in location A

Back