• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Body shop in Pittsburgh area?

A colleague backed into my NSX today at work. I need to get the fender either repaired or replaced. Does anyone have recomendations on good body shops in the area. Also, I was trying to give her an estimate on how much the repairs would be but was unsure of the cost of a new fender. What are new front fenders going for? Thanks in advance

Mike

Sorry for you misfortune. Don't know of a body shop. I would push for a new fender. Where are you from in pittsburgh, What town? What color and year is your nsx

I live in Jefferson Hills(S. Hills area) and my car is a berlina black 91. Have only had the car for 4 days. How about you?

A bit late posting here, but I lived in Monroeville till December 02 and have a red/tan 95 NSX. I had a "door incident" at the Monroeville mall the first week I had the car out (SUV apparantly decided to take a look going up an isle the wrong way and turned into my door, leaving 3 very nice gouges.)

I brought my car to the Acura/Hond dealership in Greensburg, they have a new body shop and did a very nice job, much more helpful than the Acura dealership in Monroeville (rude)

Hope it helps.

As far as a shop to install the SC, there are no Acura dealerhips in the burgh worthy enough. There is actually a decent place in the south hills off of 51, I just can't remember the name : /... it is as small shop hidden off the road, but they do work on every high line car imaginable. Of course, you could visit Fuzzy off 51, at Exoticars, though he is very overpriced on everything.

Thanks for replying. I am still not sure were to go for the SC. I have conceded the fact that I am going to have to go to the dealer for some other issues so I am just going to have them fix the bumper. I actually bought my car off Fuzzy but he told me that they did not have anyone qualified to do a SC install. I thought the Comptech SC was just bolt on? How hard could it be?

hmmm, I lived for about 20 or so years in the 'burgh. Baierl Acura in Wexford (~5miles past Ross Park Mall) has sold/serviced most of the NSX'es in Western Pennsylvania. My family & I have had positive experiences w/ Baierl w/ our Acura's & Honda's in the past. For any work to be fwd'd to insurance, I'd get the dealer's own shop to write up an estimate. There are many used front fenders in the "used parts for sale"; also you didn't mention which particular side needs replaced and if the upper bumper was affected.

Baierl Acura Pittsburgh {North Hills/Wexford}

Other personal recommendations are:

Auto-Palace {Pittsburgh} Oakland/Shadyside

They extensively deal w/ porsches, Ferrari's, Lambo's, Mercedes, BMW, Lotus's, Alfa's, Maserati's, and other exotics. While @ PiTT, I use to walkover to N.Oakland/Shadyside and hang-out in the showroom & the underground "vault." Tom Barasso's black NSX was often there for work and then eventually for sale. I believe it was CTSC and a plethora of other mod's, etc that they did. I've seen a NSX or two for sale there quite often.

Exoticars Pittsburgh {South Hills}

Pretty much same as above, however I have no personal experience w/ them.

I thought auto-palace now only sold Porsche`, but I see from their website they still have the "vault." For some reason I was thinking Fuzzy took the exotics with him to Exoticars.

Regarding Wexford, a bit snooty up there, but not a bad choice for the bumper, not the SC though. I went up there dressed in sweats and without my NSX and was treated like a leper, never brought my car to them. In fact, when I was looking at an NSX on the lot, a salesperson approached and intimated it was a "special car and probably not what I had in mind." :rolleyes:

Now that I live 7 miles from Davis Acura I am spoiled. It is actually only a 4.5 hour drive to one of the best NSX mechanics in the northeast, Bernie, for that SC. They are respectful, timely and their service charges have been reasonable. :D

Back