• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Both window regulators and rear view mirror replaced

Taj

Experienced Member
I dropped off my car at the dealer this morning and had them checked on both driver and passenger window regulators due to clicking noise when the window was being rolled up. At the same time I had them looked at the rear view mirror. There are two cloudy circular marks approximately 4 inches apart. This afternoon the service advisor informs me that they are going to replace both regulators and the mirror.

Wonder if anyone has the same problems.

I had the same thing happen to my 98 rear view mirror, the circles that you see are the rubber spacer supports behind glass which for some reason gets thin and quits reflecting properly I took it apart and tried to buy just the new mirror glass but you have to buy the complete mirror.

Mine is a 99 and this is the second replacement of the rear view mirror. I believe that it is going to happen again. I also suspect that Honda knows about the mirror issue but would not change the material and engineering until the old lot is depleted.

For frisbee you should ask the dealer to replace it under goodwill repair or use the OEM mirror that you’ve remove as a template and have a glass mirror store cut one up for you. It should save you a couple bucks.

Mine is a 1998 and I believe it is starting to cloud up again already. (It's been less than a year since it was replaced!) I think the rear view mirror on the NSX is a piece of crap. If it happens again and they won't goodwill it, I'll just buy one of those Broadway mirrors and attach over the OEM.

This seems to be a common problem with the late-90's NSXs. Happened on my '98 too. The mirror on my '91 never had a problem.

Hi Guys:

I've been working on this for years. I was told last week that they did fix it but the new parts are not in the US yet.

If you bought the part within a year it is covered by the parts warranty. My suggestion is that you notify the dealer with the problem coming back, then wait till I get the new part number. I'll write a bulletin with the new number and I'll post it here.

HTH,
Woodwork

Back