• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bought '99 in Phoenix, Help from Ross at STMPO

Folks,

I thought I would share my experience of recently buying my second NSX. I had a buyer for my ‘95 and was very keen to upgrade to a CTSC. I had been watching for available cars and noted 3 in the Phoenix area. I booked flights and made plans for a Las Vegas/Phoenix trip. I also looked at a car in Washington and Wes Ady (who had a ‘97 avail) suggested I contact Ross at STMPO in Tempe, AZ. I had a chat with him and he offered to assist. Hailing from Nova Scotia (FAR East Canada), I could really use some on-site knowledge. Ross was amazingly helpful. He met me and my girlfriend at our hotel, had researched the 3 available cars and even picked up the tab at the bar. He met us the next morning for breakfast, dropped my GF of for some shopping and Ross and I carried on to see the first car (‘01) at the Jaguar dealer. He knew one of their mechanics and managed to allow us to take the car out for a drive (with their mechanic) and back to his NSX-centric shop for an inspection. The car checked out well but we were off to see 2 more at another used car dealer. A black ‘99 (Brembo, upgraded stereo, lowered, Bilstein) turned out to be the one for me. I put down a deposit and Ross dropped us of at the airport to get the flight for our “vacation” in LV. Once the funds cleared, Ross picked up the car and took it to his shop until I could get a shipper to pick it up. In the mean time Ross installed a few of his products (front chassis reinforcement bar, aluminium battery box, front compliance clamps, CT SC Belt tensioner, Timing Belt shield). Ross helped coordinate shipping and after 5 weeks I got my car home and apart from some minor fixable issues I now have a very fast car.

I had a chance to see Ross’s shop and his staff. Ross is very focussed with good vision on how he wishes to build his NSX focused parts and service business. I wanted to share this to recognise Ross’ amazing assistance and to let people know of his business; one that is sure to benefit us in the NSX community.

Steve

Back