• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake Lights do not work

Hello,

My brake lights are not working. The horn works so I don't think it is the fuse. Any help on what the problem may be would be appreciated.

underneath the pedal, there is a blue plastic push-in thingy, your might have fallen off. I'm still trying to figure out why Honda add that for. I just taped up the hole with duck tape and go on with my day.

Open your trunk and check the left side hinge. There is a wire there wrapped in black shrink wrap that runs up the outside of the hinge. If it gets cut you will lose your brake lights.

I had a similar issue with mine when the mechanic had my lights removed, when he re-installed them he pinched a wire similar to the post above and the right side was shorting out and blowing the fuse. So the dash lights would not work and TCS light was on and brake bulb light showing on dash, we removed the lights found where it was earthing and all good ever since so if you have had your lights out check there

Thank you all for your comments. I found that the connection at the brake peddle switch was loose. So the brake lights are working again. Now I have to find out why the brake lamp light goes on and off on the dash.

Cut off wire

Open your trunk and check the left side hinge. There is a wire there wrapped in black shrink wrap that runs up the outside of the hinge. If it gets cut you will lose your brake lights.

Devinci13 I tried to install my seibon nsxr wing and read up on prime to splice and connect the wires . So cut the wire you described. Once I did that my brake lights stop working. What should I do from here?

Last edited:
Back