• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brembo Caliper upgrade

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys someone posted about getting brembo I think it was Macninja anyway here is the pics of my 08 TL typeS calipers
they will fit on the NSX they look mean as shit and they are gloss black and say acura on them

if you want cheap brembo caliper setup you can pick these up off ebay for pretty cheap. they bite like no other.

they are about 10 inches long compared to the 05 NSX calipers which are only 8 inches

discuss and any thoughts

2014-04-26_22-37-15_589.jpg

2014-04-26_22-37-27_901.jpg

Shawn,

Do you run this on your car? Anyone else use this set-up? What about e-brake?

Last edited:
I held an NSX 05 NSX rotor up to it and they were the same size I think I have not taken the whole bracket off to verify if bolts line up but can if you guys want me to.

an front NSX rim fits the lugs

Didn't TiDave create a bracket so that these calipers could be used? If someone could GB a bracket run, I could see this being a real cost effective option to the more expensive BBK out there. I would be interested.

I have a set of these and looked into the mod several years ago. They are not plug and play but close. You will need to drill out the knuckles since the calipers accept a bigger mounting bolt than the stock nsx. I didn't want to do that...

- - - Updated - - -

Also... The offset of the caliper is different.

I'd be interested in this, or something similar. I don’t track the car, but I've got new wheels and tires on the way, and would like to update the calipers on my '91 to something snappier.

I guess you could say I am looking for a BLING Brake kit.

This upgrade uses OEM Acura parts and is significantly less expensive than a BBK.

I'd be interested in this, or something similar. I don’t track the car, but I've got new wheels and tires on the way, and would like to update the calipers on my '91 to something snappier.

I guess you could say I am looking for a BLING Brake kit.

This upgrade uses OEM Acura parts and is significantly less expensive than a BBK.

http://www.racingbrake.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=nsx&Extensive_Search=Y

Racingbrake makes a bunch of kits. Aluminum caliper and one or two-piece rotors. They work great. Certainly well enough to stop the car as well as possible given the marginal old abs and limited tire width you can run. I have run the two piece rotors with very aggressive pads at the track and they last more than one whole season as they don't get near as hot as the smaller rotors.

Thanks for the info guys. I really son't like doing anything half-assed, and it looks like this particular upgrade may be more pain than it is worth.

Personally, I am going to hold off on upgrading brakes until I can learn more about what works & what doesn't, and also talk to knowledgable people who can help me find what is right for me and my situation.
Plus, there is a track being built near me soon, so I might end up needing a BBK one day after all.

Back