• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brevard

Hello all,

I'm graduating in a year(hopefully fingers crossed) from college with my mechanical engineering degree and I'm really looking into getting an NSX and was wondering if I could meet and talk to someone who has owned one for a while in the greater brevard area?

Carlos

I've only owned mine for a little over 2 months but have been dreaming about the car for 10 years.... I used to drive an ex-bf's '92 years ago so I was a bit familiar to it even before I got mine.

PM if you want to talk.

I live in Tampa and I have owned mine for 6 yrs. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

On average what does your insurance bill look like every month?

I paid $385 for 6 months term, full coverage with $500 Ded. if i just buy it without collision and comprehensive, only cost me $135 for 6 months:eek:!

I am 30 y/o, married with one baby, homeowner discount, multi car disc., online purchased disc., 5 yrs No violations on driving record disc.(I always pay a lawyer to take care my citations, No records show no matter win/lose the case), and that's with progressive.com, you can get a free quote from there:wink:

Here we go again with the insurance question. This is a very subjective topic with varrying degrees of complexity. For example, I have a stated value policy, $0.00 deductible, no work or school use, no drivers under the age of 25, for $452.00 a year.

yea so many factors contribute to this so let me try and answer differently see if it is of any benefit...

...my insurance went up $14/month :biggrin:

On average what does your insurance bill look like every month?

I am 24 yrs old...
USAA, 98'nsx-t and 97'accord
Bodily Injury Liability: 100/300
Property Damage Liability:50k
UM BI:100/300
Stacked
Personal Injury Protection:10k/person
Comprehensive deductible:250
Collision:1000
$1033.07 per 6 months
$2066.14 per yr
$172.18 per month

hope that helps....

Here we go again with the insurance question. This is a very subjective topic with varrying degrees of complexity. For example, I have a stated value policy, $0.00 deductible, no work or school use, no drivers under the age of 25, for $452.00 a year.

Doc,

How do you get "stated value policy" and who is your insurer?

Hello all,

I'm graduating in a year(hopefully fingers crossed) from college with my mechanical engineering degree and I'm really looking into getting an NSX and was wondering if I could meet and talk to someone who has owned one for a while in the greater brevard area?

Carlos

I just graduated and I'm looking for an NSX as well. I've been reading and hunting for a long time and passed on a few because I wasn't ready.. Now I am. Good luck with your search... I'd be willing to browse with you if you're ever in the area. Keep reading prime for the next year even though you don't have an NSX yet... so much useful information on here.

Last edited:
Doc,

How do you get "stated value policy" and who is your insurer?

I have two other cars insured with USAA and the rate for my NSX was $92/mo. I don't drive my NSX that much and it was suggested to me to try and get collector car insurance by my father. I now have my NSX insured with Grundy. Look them up and give them a call. There are specific restrictions with this kind of insurance, but it doesn't interfere with my useage.

I have an 05 and live in Indian Harbour Bch. Let me know if you want to check one up close.

my insurance is 650 a month full coverage. my driving record is the worst. LOL I once got 4 tickets in one day, 3 speeding and one turning thru a Gas station to avoid a light, I dont remember what the violation was for that, but lucky I have only got one ticket in the NSX. was doing 150 in a 35.

by the time the cop got to his car and started the engine then put the cop car in gear, got out onto the road maintained a 45MPH he then clocked me with a "moving radar" at 45 cuz I was slowing down to stop at a red light. Could have went to jail but he didnt clock me at 150 he only got me at 35. But me and the cop Knew I was going more than 35 at the time. called my lawyer while he was writing the ticket she got the points not assesed but I still had to pay the fine I think it was 280-300 Dont remember. so I dont speed like that any more.. I not bragging just something stupid I did
in my defense it was like 11:30 at night on a sunday not a single car was on the road. still it was very stupid. but fun..

"this story is all Hypothetical anyway so its content can not be used as a factual statement"

my age is 34

Last edited:
Back