• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bridgestone Potenza - RE-11S (NOT the plural of RE-11)

Well, it is about time for my ride to get some new shoes.

Currently, I have ADVAN Neova AD07 with my 17/18 setup (i.e. 215/40/17 & 265/35/18).

Due to lack of choice with tire sizes, I originally planned to go with AD08 but my bodyshop's Owner told me to hold that thought.

I said okay in firmly believing there isn't anything else out there that I like (not a fan of Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec, ContiSportContact 3, BFGoodrich, Kumho, Fuzion, Sumitomo, etc...) and no luck with A048 or A050, either.

I have always been a huge fan of Bridgestone Potenza (loved the S-02 with my other cars years back) and if it wasn't because of the Front Tire, I would not have switched to Yokohama.

Then, he came up with the Bridgestone Potenza - RE-11S.

http://bridgestone.co.jp/personal/tire/potenza/re_11s/index.html

First thing I noticed was the CRAZY PRICES on these. I got quoted USD 480.00+ for 215/40/17 and USD 720.00+ for 265/35/18 EACH, shipped to HK from my guy.

Check out www.nengun.com/bridgestone/potenza-re-11s for reference, not sure about shipping costs to the US though.

Second thing I noticed was the sexy and aggressive tire patterns.

Third thing I noticed was the CRAZY PRICES!!!!!

Fourth thing, well, I just did my initial research and learned that RE-11S is the successor to the RE55S and it doesn't offer sizes above 18".

It is a semi-R compound tire similar to the A048/A050 and some folks on the Lotus Forums vouched for the Bridgestone over their stock Yokohamas.

I ran a few searches and did not come across anyone here mention about the RE-11S.

So, has anyone tried them out yet?

There are no NSX sizes listed.

There are. That's why I posted 2 links.

1st one is the Official Website, scroll down to TYPE RS.

2nd one is only for "Price Reference". They just don't carry NSX sizes.

Not a bad tire. But they do not carry my rears 275.

This has been my problem one carries the fronts and another carry only the rears..:mad: Like you I was very happy with the s-03 then the GS-d3 I need to switch again

These tires are AMAZING. I have them on my Integra R and will be getting a set for my NSX. They are the next generation of the RE10s which were standard equipment on the Integra R.

Thanks for the clarification.

I have just placed an order and they should arrive within a month.

A nice set of tires can be a life saver to me and the car. :smile:

I ran a few searches and did not come across anyone here mention about the RE-11S.
That's probably because they are not available from Bridgestone dealers in North America. Fortunately, the RE-11 is. It's very similar to the RE-11S, according to the Bridgestone folks I've spoken with.

Like you I was very happy with the s-03 then the GS-d3 I need to switch again
Well, the S-03 and GS-D3 are really a different class of tire. (The Tire Rack puts the S-03 and GS-D3 in its "maximum performance summer tire" category, the RE-11 in its "extreme performance summer tire" category.) The RE-11 and other "extreme" tires maximize grip on dry pavement, without worrying about anything else. The GS-D3 and other "maximum" tires offer excellent grip on dry pavement - not quite as sticky as the "extreme" tires, but still very good - while providing better grip on wet pavement and longer treadlife than the extreme tires. Differences in size availability and price may favor one tire or another, depending on the sizes you need.

If you liked the S-03 and GS-D3, so that you're looking for the advantages of a "maximum performance" tire rather than an "extreme performance" tire, your best bet in most NSX sizes is the Continental ExtremeContact DW.

That's probably because they are not available from Bridgestone dealers in North America. Fortunately, the RE-11 is. It's very similar to the RE-11S, according to the Bridgestone folks I've spoken with.

From what I gathered, the RE-11S ought to be in the same category as the ADVAN A048 & A050 under "Track & Competition DOT" as per your favorite website of tire reference.

Fortunate to you maybe, but the Potenza RE-11 doesn't offer my needed 17" size, and also, it is MERELY categorized as an "Extreme Performance Summer" tire so I would check with your Bridgestone folks again. It doesn't sound right to even compare the two, it's like comparing AD07/AD08 to A048/A050.

Let me draw you a picture:

attachment.php

They are not similar at all, totally different class, please at least have the courtesy to browse my Links before commenting.

Even in the Bridgestone Official Website, the RE-11S (as well as RE55S) is under the sub-category "POTENZA for Motorsports".

All other POTENZAs (namely S001, RE050, RE-11, RE-01, RE-01R) are listed on their own.

Attachments

• RE-11S vs RE-11.jpg
    RE-11S vs RE-11.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2,748
That's what I was told by guys from the Bridgestone corporate offices. < shrug > Don't get your panties in a knot.

If it's an R compound track tire, it's probably not a good choice for street use. Most track tires aren't, due to high prices, rapid treadwear, the need to get hot for maximum grip, etc.

But since we don't get it here, we really don't have to worry about it! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Ken, sorry if I sounded a little harsh, I meant no offense nonetheless.

Since I always take your words as fact so I guess I was disappointed when you weren't speaking right. :redface:

I'm giving the RE-11S a try because I don't get to put down many miles on my car anyway and the weather here are generally quite warm so the tires shouldn't take long to reach maximum grip. Many guys here use these kind of tires for the streets.

Hey, you can always import a set for your NSX or ITR, I'm sure your review will mean a lot to people. :smile:

These tires are AMAZING. I have them on my Integra R and will be getting a set for my NSX. They are the next generation of the RE10s which were standard equipment on the Integra R.

They're way better than that. I'm on my 2nd set of RE-11's on my track ITR and most of the times I don't even bother to put on my RA-1's because these are just that good.

I'm very intrigued on the RE-11s, this is looking like an R comp.

Last edited:
Back