• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buddy trying to sell me a series one AEM for odb2. That possible?

I don't know this guy too well, I wouldn't dare try it unless this is somehow easier to do than I thought. If it was easy SOS would probably sell it?

SOS used to sell it. Many NSX's that went aftermarket EMS used the Series One. But the Series Two is way better and the new Infinity is miles above that. If you are looking to go full stand alone, you will be disappointed with going to 1 when 2 and Infinity are better choices. Unless you are trying to save a buck on the hardware. But the tuning will still cost.

Well I already have the FIC but I would be getting this series one ems for a couple hundred bucks. I also worry that harness is not setup correctly.

Series 1 and 2 aren't that different, both use Gems software. Series 2 just has a couple more bells n whistles like more datalogging, USB ports, and is a little more tuner friendly, and since you probably won't be tuning yourself that doesn't even matter. Infinity is the only one that's completely different

Series 1 and 2 aren't that different, both use Gems software. Series 2 just has a couple more bells n whistles like more datalogging, USB ports, and is a little more tuner friendly, and since you probably won't be tuning yourself that doesn't even matter. Infinity is the only one that's completely different

The series 2 has a huge update to the hardware itself and sensor inputs are much better and have much less noise. The tune on a series 1 vs a series 2 is not much different but with a series 2 and the better sensor inputs means a car can be tuned to a much tighter tollerance for error, series 1 needs a wider margin for trims due to the noisy inputs.

For a couple hundred bucks if it is working correctly I would buy it.

Dave

Back