• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Built my engine : strange

Hello,

After 30000miles with 525whp on stock engine, I ordered some parts from SOS.

Yesterday I removed my engine from my NSX, and today I found this :
Mud, shit
IMG_1552.JPG

And I think consequently :
IMG_1557.JPG

molten resin
IMG_1559.JPG

Mud, shit on the TB
IMG_1561.JPG

Last edited:
Melted resin is normal I believe. If thats the cam sensor then mine is doing that and larryb said it's normal.

IMG_1559.JPG

Perfectly normal for a C32 engine. Never seen a Legend that doesn't have the resin melt from the crank angle sensor and they're generally messier than that. I'm told you can buy that material and repack it if you're so inclined.

IMG_1559.JPG

Perfectly normal for a C32 engine. Never seen a Legend that doesn't have the resin melt from the crank angle sensor and they're generally messier than that. I'm told you can buy that material and repack it if you're so inclined.

Normal? Wow. By normal "do you mean not great but not catastrophic for the engine but just the way it is," or, "it happesn, deal with it, some damage may occur.."?

Normal as in "It's typical, don't worry about it and nothing bad is going to happen." A crank angle sensor might fail but that won't be the cause. If melting resin was a contributing factor to failure, don't you think Honda would have changed the design during the 15-odd years of manufacture? They're not GM where defective design is the norm. :rolleyes:

Quit worrying about it. The C32 series is a very durable engine.

After 300miles with my rebuild engine, I noticed a strange noise.
I am the winner for the IDIOT 2009 :biggrin:, I forgot to bush the stock rods.

I need to bush the stock rods, and change my head gasket again.
My engine is open after 8hours, good time :biggrin:

I have a oil catch can, and I don't understand why my pistons are so calamine
The n°2 piston has a strange color :

Last edited:
well it takes a man to admit a mistake like that(and perhaps costly) but raises the question how many engines you built(no disrespect intended). What worries me is the amount of deposits already on the pistons. I mean its not discoloration or a mere slight carbon film...it looks like a lot!! and on that low of mileage= WTF?

good luck

Back