• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buyer Beware.....

This is something I will be following closely. I recognized the pictures immediately as they are at our dealership. Those do not like any pictures we would have taken though. I looked into our records and we sold that car in October of 2016 to a buyer in Oregon. I looked up the VIN and pulled a carfax report, last note on the carfax was that it was titled by the Oregon Motor Vehicle Department 12/27/16.

Something very fishy going on here and I am asking around. I will update with any additional findings.

Thanks for looking into it. I really despise internet fraud, and try to do something about it when I think I've run into it. I've seen many online car sales websites where there are more fraudulent ads than real ads. Just don't want to see someone get burned, especially a fellow NSX owner.....

I did report it.....

Last edited:
Well, if nothing else, if the ad is a fraud, maybe we can get the ad removed and save someone from getting taken....

Received an email response after I inquired about the car through the ad on Autotrader this morning. Definitely a scam. Address and phone numbers both pull up as nothing but are apparently in Florida now not Pennsylvania. I replied back asking for VIN and Pictures of the car as I'm curious to see how this plays out. I'd definitively tell anyone to stay away from this at this point.

image1.jpg

lol scammers are so lame. Can't accept loans or financing for this one. What's the difference? It's all cash in the end.
Sad thing is these scams work on someone.

Maybe he'll take my credit card for a deposit, until I can sell enough Bitcoin to complete the purchase. I hope to have the car delivered to my address in Nigeria!!!

I received another response today, more pictures of the car on our show floor which would have been taken back in fall of 2016. Also linked carfax which is the VIN number of the very first NSX we sold, which was registered in Oregon. Playing it out with the guy as long as I can.

The problem is that internet scumbag scammers like this guy operate online free of fear of prosecution. Nobody will do anything about any of it. Who do you call or report it to? If the guy is in Russia, who do you call? The only thing we can do is to report it, and alert people to the fraud. If he's on American soil, maybe there is someone who could do something, but nobody seems to care. Anyway, maybe make life miserable for the guy by wasting his time. The problem is he'll just move on to the next scam. Too many people are gullible, unfortunately.......

Has someone emailed the seller yet just to Mess with them? :biggrin:

Back