• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying a White NSX ??

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA:
There's the pic I believe you were referring too. The yellow Type R is his, his gf drives that Civic Si, and she's also the blonde on the left, in the first picture in this thread.. the black GSR integra is another friend of ours...

The only problem with THIS picture is the NSX - it's the only one with a front license plate!
wink.gif

Buy the car with the color you "really" want. Don't settle for anything less. I truly believe if you have a vision of the car with all the criteria you want it will come. But you have to believe. It has work for me. My nsx came the way I wanted. Don't force it to work. If it is meant to be, it will be. Just answering your question.
Dan

Originally posted by SexyRed:
Buy the car with the color you "really" want. Don't settle for anything less.

Honestly, I have always wanted red. But, I am not THATt picky. I think the white looks good, though I havent seen an "all" white NSX. I am also getting it for a really good price and it is close to me. I guess if I tire of white, I can get a red one when I pick up a 97 NSX in 3 years
smile.gif

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

So is it a done deal? It hard to beat a good price. I know; help my brother pick up deal on a nsx, very very low price. Mine is red/ivory by the way. 4 month "new" owner. It is a blast.
Dan

I tried to see as many of the different colors as I could before I decided, I think white is the most elegent, black is the most sexy. I wanted elegent. Good luck on your decision.

------------------
Joseph Gavazza
99 White/blk NSX
92 Lexus LS400
01 VW GTI VR6

Originally posted by SexyRed:
Buy the car with the color you "really" want. Don't settle for anything less. I truly believe if you have a vision of the car with all the criteria you want it will come. But you have to believe. It has work for me. My nsx came the way I wanted. Don't force it to work. If it is meant to be, it will be. Just answering your question.
Dan

I'm going to have to agree with this... to some degree.

When searching for my NSX... my #1 color combo was Yellow/Black. My 2nd Color combo choice was Monte Carlo Blue/Camel.

Well, I ended up buying my 2nd choice. It is BEAUTIFUL and I LOVE IT... but I find myself making NSXotic's Yellow/Black NSX my wallpaper at work and at home. I felt guilty... like I was cheating on my NSX!

But when I pull it out of the garage and see it shine in the sun...
biggrin.gif

... and knowing that there are less Monte Carlo Blue/Camels than Yellow/Onyx...

I have NO REGRETS!

BTW: I now have MY car on both of my computers at home and at work. =) I think it was because I didn't have any digital pictures of my car before. =)

NetViper - Either way, if you are happy with it when you are looking at it and are on site and it puts a BIG GRIN on your face... you won't regret it. Seeing all the other colors at meetings make me say "Damn, the yellow is soooo nice... I should've gotten that one..." then you walk up to the next car "Wow, Red is BEAUTIFUL!" then the next car... (you get my drift)

All NSX's are beautiful... in all colors... seriously, you'll be happy with whatever you pick.

Thanks NSXTACY. The photo is seven months old. Needless to say all the vehicles have been replaced, except for the white NSX! Still, I miss my black NSX.

It doesn't seemt to me that white photographs very well, but it just looks incredible in person. Of course, it seems I am happily in the same biased boat as the majority of the other thread participants.

P.S. congrats on the purchase netviper.

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA:
White is THE color to have when you live in Louisiana like we do, NetViper... after plenty of pondering, i'm finally gonna be painting my roof white when i install my WW kit next week. That black draws entirely too much heat.

Did you ever paint the roof NSXnBRLA? You mentioned doing the roof when you installed the WW but avatar & subsequent pics above show WW, black roof intact!
No disrespect to Netviper but I am a black roof fan - nothing against the mono-colors on targas but coupes look sleeker IMO with black top, especially if windows tinted.

Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
Did you ever paint the roof NSXnBRLA? You mentioned doing the roof when you installed the WW but avatar & subsequent pics above show WW, black roof intact!
No disrespect to Netviper but I am a black roof fan - nothing against the mono-colors on targas but coupes look sleeker IMO with black top, especially if windows tinted.

I would agree only if the car is light in color like the white or silver.

I saw a red nsx with a black roof beside a red roof and there is no comparison. But this is a discussion on another thread.
wink.gif

My favorite early coupe color is white with black top. Here's some pictures of the white/black 93 in the for sale section: white wheels of course...

white_nsx1.jpg

white_nsx2.jpg

white_nsx3.jpg

[This message has been edited by true (edited 30 October 2002).]

See, that's what I'm talking about.

When I saw Ilya's car with the black roof and white rims, I was like...WOW!

But, there is STILL no substituting for red.
wink.gif

I must admit until jus a few moments ago I did not fancy white Nsx especially with white rims combo. Looked too much like so many integras with white rims that pollute roads up here in urban north east. My favorite combo would be black/black >It is hell when it comes to making it shine but that is why I have my younger brother who would do anything to just be able to clean it. Me second choice would be red with black interior, and at the end I would go for green. I do not know if Nsx came in green as the original color but I saw one somewhere in MD and absolutely loved it. Be taht as it may, even white NSX looks much better than anything in that color.

Originally posted by Markbert:
It doesn't seemt to me that white photographs very well, but it just looks incredible in person. Of course, it seems I am happily in the same biased boat as the majority of the other thread participants.

I agree, white doesn't look as good in pictures... but look stunning in person.

(Coming from an unbiased POV. I have a MC Blue NSX)

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
NSXnBRLA,

That last photo above is just gorgeous. Perfect setting, and very well composed by the photographer.

I definitely agree with Ken. IMO you have the best $$ shots of ANY white NSX's I've ever seen.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 09 November 2002).]

I just bought a white '96 last week. I was specifically looking for a white car, not only because I like white, but also because it makes the most sense here in Florida where I live. I also believe that white has been shown to be one of the most visible colors to other drivers, which could be very beneficial in certain circumstances.

Back