• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying direct from Japan

Do you know if it's possible to puchase NSX parts directly from Japan. I'm interested in an "Advance / Flat-out" product.

Originally posted by CoolToy:
Do you know if it's possible to puchase NSX parts directly from Japan. I'm interested in an "Advance / Flat-out" product.

You can try Taka Kaira. I believe that they carry Advance.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Is that company you listed a middle-man or do they actually carry products. I emailed that company and they told me to call their American rep who is located in Cal. And every tiime I call, I get a machine. The reason being, I'm trying to cut-out the middleman if it's possible.

It is often less expensive to import through a distributor for surface shipments. The reason being, each surface shipment costs roughly $300-350 in document fees, export fees, customs fees, etc etc. In the US, you will likely pay between $100-150 in import fees. All this is before duty as well. Hence, the only way to import parts cost effectively is through large orders.

Air shipments are less complex, however, the rates are generally 4-5 times surface freight, and has extreme dimensional limitations.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info

Back