• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying NSX today!

Yesterday I placed a deposit on a 2001 Monaco Blue in Texas. I will be seeing the car in person for the very first time about six hours from now. I've been up most of the night, too anxious to sleep. Its been too many years since I sold my last NSX, going through withdrawl, had to take the plunge again, although its a real financial stretch, as we also just bought a house. My wife even volunteered to sell some of her stock options to help make this happen!

I've considered other sports cars, but I always return to the NSX, for all the reasons you all got yours...unique, good looking, easy to drive, reliable, fast, outward visibility (the view out the windshield of the fender tops is worth the price of addmission and I still recall the first time I experienced it in 1993!), and so on.

I am a little concerned about getting good service. I was spoiled in Northern California, with many local places to choose from, but now I'm in Northwest Arkansas and how many NSXs has the local dealer been able to work on? Are the technicians factory trained to work on NSXs?

Hope the car is as nice as the photos and description...its from a high-end exotic dealer I've never dealt with, and I'm extremely picky, but so far everything's gone smoothly. Photos of the car are at:
http://images.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/viewall.pl?dir=199_5162#12.jpg

Thanks to NSXPRIME members for the quick responses to my questions over the past few days.

Gary
ex-1991 silver 4 speed
ex-1992 white 5 speed

Congrats, the car looks brand new in the pics. To call it "well maintained" would be a phenomenal understatement. Just make sure you don't let your love for the car compromise your family's financial stability.

I like the airplanes in the background!

AT-6 & V35 Bonanza.

Must be nice!

*Anyone who owns airplanes knows how important scheduled maintence work is.

Sky:smile:

Looks super clean...I couldn't deal with an Automatic..but if it works for you and your can swing it moneywise..than I say go for it:smile:

Car looks brand new! Automatic is naughty but enjoy the nsx.

Well, I went to Dallas today, looked, drove, and bought it. Need s few items...trunk shocks, small tear repaired on drivers entry piece, and
small scratch on right rear fender, all of which the dealer will fix before I go tback and drive it home. The tires and chin spoiler are new, the rotors have been resurfaced, no leaks, everything works.

Gary

ex-91 silver 4 speed NSX
ex-92 white 5 speed NSX
2001 Monaco Blue 4 speed NSX #000001

Congrats and welcome back to the cult!

Since you've had a manual and an auto, what made you go with an auto this time? Commuter traffic garbage or just like the color?

Nothing more cool than NSX repeat performers. Hopefully I'll never be one. :wink: :tongue:

To answer your questions:

I didn't have to force my wife to sell her stock options so I could get this car, she volunteered. She knows how much I miss having a toy in the garage. And, she already got something in return from me...I agreed to move from CA to AR after 51 years, at her request, and against my wishes, so she could take a job promotion. So here we are in Bentonville, AR.

As for the choice of an automatic: After owning a manual trans Shelby, a Pantera and an NSX, I'm done with shifting. And although the automatic NSX is lower on power and short a gear or two compared to the manual, I've always thought of the NSX as a luxury car that just happens to go fast, not the other way around. Speed is not #1 on my list of sports car requirements. And, the slushbox NSX is no slouch, IMO.

As for selecting this specific car, I chose it for these reasons:
Color
Automatic
Serial #000001
Low miles
100% stock
One of one (this color/year/trans)
Condition

Gary

nice car.
there are a few other owners in your area and i am sure they can help you find a qualified technician.
after selling my car i also can't seem to shake the need to get another.
bring it down to little rock and i will help you detail it sometime :smile:

Back