• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buzzing from center speaker

When I purchased my '91 a few years ago, I did so without a working stereo. About a year ago I replaced the OEM unit with a working one. While doing that I sent both door speakers off to BrianK for refurbishment. Recently I've noticed a buzzing sound coming from the center speaker between the seats. To be perfectly honest, I didn't even know the stereo had a center speaker until it started buzzing. Does this speaker have an independent amplifier like the door speakers? Anybody else have this problem? I'm not much of an audiophile so at this point I'm considering just disconnecting it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Yes, the center speaker has it's own amp which is physically part of the same one that powers the subwoofer and is located in the subwoofer enclosure which is under the passenger's feet. So, your subwoofer may not be working well either. The subwoofer enclosure is a lot easier to get to than the door speakers because you basically pull up the passenger carpet; remove the protective grill; and remove the enclosure. Then you open up the subwoofer enclosure; remove the amp; and send it to BrianK for repair. The procedure can be found near the end of this section of the Wiki: http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Bose_RR

Yes, the center speaker has it's own amp which is physically part of the same one that powers the subwoofer and is located in the subwoofer enclosure which is under the passenger's feet. So, your subwoofer may not be working well either. The subwoofer enclosure is a lot easier to get to than the door speakers because you basically pull up the passenger carpet; remove the protective grill; and remove the enclosure. Then you open up the subwoofer enclosure; remove the amp; and send it to BrianK for repair. The procedure can be found near the end of this section of the Wiki: http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Bose_RR

i actually did send my sub off with the door speakers for refurb. So...assuming the sub amp is good to go, is there any other reason that speaker would buzz? I'm toying with idea of just disconnecting it.

i actually did send my sub off with the door speakers for refurb. So...assuming the sub amp is good to go, is there any other reason that speaker would buzz? I'm toying with idea of just disconnecting it.
I can't think of one .. but you might want to check with BrianK. If you had accidentally reinstalled the sub incorrectly, I'd expect no output .. not buzzing so that's probably not the problem. Try adjusting the stereo speaker control on the stereo to put everything to the left channel .. then to the right, to see if there's a difference. Both channels are sent to the sub amp which then merges them for the center speaker so if there is a difference, it would have to be coming from the head unit but that should show up as an issue with each door speaker too. So, I'm at a loss to explain the buzzing.

try turning off the phone it stoped the buzzing for me.but my 91 NSX makes a loud squeal when i turn on the radio and ocasionaly when im listening to it. it aslo breaks up and the sound is scratch. only the pasenger door speaker works. does the middle speaker actualy work for the radio or is it only for the phone on the 91? how would i fix this problem

Back