• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C&c 6/11/11

No NSX's, but we had fun :biggrin: Also had some news to tell! Im thinking of selling my car :eek:

Just got in from Bay Area....Shane. Shane! Come back!

What will be the replacement?:wink:

Well....I went down to the speedway 2 weeks ago to try out the new U-Drift place....to make a long story short, I am addicted to it now :eek: And the wifey says there is only room for one play car at Casa de Friedman :frown: So the new car will most likely be a POS Nissan 240sx I can beat the heck out of while I learn to drift better :tongue:

Still not 100% on selling though....I'm thinking....This shall not be a hasty decision!

Side Note: We should all goto u-drift sometime and have some fun :biggrin:

Well....I went down to the speedway 2 weeks ago to try out the new U-Drift place....to make a long story short, I am addicted to it now :eek: And the wifey says there is only room for one play car at Casa de Friedman :frown: So the new car will most likely be a POS Nissan 240sx I can beat the heck out of while I learn to drift better :tongue:

Still not 100% on selling though....I'm thinking....This shall not be a hasty decision!

Side Note: We should all goto u-drift sometime and have some fun :biggrin:

Yes, U-Drift is quite popular. I hear them all the time when I go to LDL Speed Shop. I understand they have cars you can rent; I game for that. :biggrin: Unless you're faced with economic issues, I would keep the NSX. :smile: You should talk to some drift guys before jumping in w/ both feet. Your beater drift car can be quite the money pit, and then there are the tires. :eek: If you decide to go that route, I'll introduce you to Dennis at LDL. He can build you a beast of a drift car!

Yes, U-Drift is quite popular. I hear them all the time when I go to LDL Speed Shop. I understand they have cars you can rent; I game for that. :biggrin: Unless you're faced with economic issues, I would keep the NSX. :smile: You should talk to some drift guys before jumping in w/ both feet. Your beater drift car can be quite the money pit, and then there are the tires. :eek: If you decide to go that route, I'll introduce you to Dennis at LDL. He can build you a beast of a drift car!

I think half of the fun of owning a drift car would be the opportunity to work on itand learn. Im not a mechanic by any means, but I feel like I know my way around an engine/ suspension parts. I have done small things like changing out my exhuast, intake and exhaust gaskets, and coilovers but I would never think of doing any serious work on the NSX with the fear of breaking something and it costing me possibly thousands of dollars to fix. So the opportunity to learn something new mechanically is there with buying a beater car.

As far as a drift car being a money pit....yes im sure they can be...I have seen plenty of cars out the the VegasDrift events FD rx7's and 240's with swapped LS1 motors 10point rollcages, all this crazy stuff...But like I said, I just want to learn how to do it better. Gimmie a mechanically good car throw some suspension upgrades on it and i'll be good for a year or so. I wont need tons of power right off.

And with tires...yes that will add up...but from what I have read, all beginners start using used tires ($15-25 each) They are not the best, but it gets you sideways. :tongue:

I think half of the fun of owning a drift car would be the opportunity to work on itand learn. Im not a mechanic by any means, but I feel like I know my way around an engine/ suspension parts. I have done small things like changing out my exhuast, intake and exhaust gaskets, and coilovers but I would never think of doing any serious work on the NSX with the fear of breaking something and it costing me possibly thousands of dollars to fix. So the opportunity to learn something new mechanically is there with buying a beater car.

As far as a drift car being a money pit....yes im sure they can be...I have seen plenty of cars out the the VegasDrift events FD rx7's and 240's with swapped LS1 motors 10point rollcages, all this crazy stuff...But like I said, I just want to learn how to do it better. Gimmie a mechanically good car throw some suspension upgrades on it and i'll be good for a year or so. I wont need tons of power right off.

And with tires...yes that will add up...but from what I have read, all beginners start using used tires ($15-25 each) They are not the best, but it gets you sideways. :tongue:

I agree that you don't need anything too fancy when first starting out; just a structurally sound car w/ a few safety add-ons for good measure. If you're looking to improve your wrenching skills, I'm sure the other drift guys can and will help you. And you know you don't really need a 350whp turbo 240 when first starting out. But it still might be fun...:biggrin:

Back