• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caliper covers

Hi, everyone

I recently purchased a set of MGP Caliper Covers for my NSX. I believe I may be one of the first to get this newly released product. I have attached some before and after photos.

I chose the black & silver covers, but you can get them in a number of color combinations. My cost (shipped) was around $280.

Installation was very easy, too. Just slide two clips on the caliper and the cover attaches to the clips.

Philippe

Attachments

• P1011358.jpg
    P1011358.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 166
  • P1011359.jpg
    P1011359.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 198
  • P1011360.jpg
    P1011360.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 166
This has been covered (excuse the pun) here a few times. Seems it's a matter of taste and usefulness. $280 seems high, will they affect caliper temps, trackworthy, etc. If you like them - enjoy them :wink:.

Looks like these could have some potential. You can change the color of your calipers without changing the factory color since it looks like you can simply take them off and go back to stock.

I have a 2005 NSX. Does anyone know why Acura painted the calipers gold? It just doesn't look right on a red car.

I thought about powder coating the calipers but it isn't reversible. These covers appear to be reversible.

$280 seems expensive however!

OP from the looks of things you have quality things on your car. Kw v3, volk racing wheels, I would think you'd get a BBK before this cheap mod

Remind me not to post pix of anything today. Seems like everyone is grumpy.
First motor paint and now caliper cover bashing.

I agree! This is the only automotive forum I belong to where members degrade anyone who has an opinion they don't like. It is fine to post your opinion, just be nice about it. Why people think these caliper covers look any more "wasteful" or "cheap" than, say....a aftermarket hood with a huge vent in it is beyond me. Same for the oversized rear wings. These are just what other people like. There is nothing wrong with any of them!

Wanna see a nice, polite response on these calipers? Look at pgilliam1's above post. A nice, objective response without hurting anyone's feelings.

Last edited:
We are friends with a common interest. Be honest, but be nice to friends!

I would of opted for the larger 6 piston version. :biggrin:

175356d1239599655-hi-mgp-caliper-covers-img_1246.jpg

Back