• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling all Californians! lets put an end to c.a.r.b.

Re: CALLING ALL CALIFORNIANS! lets put an end to c.a.r.b.

Let's build a club house too!

Let's build a club house too!

hahaha no. but they do have meetings. i will be attending. im sick of the state stealing money from auto enthusiasts under the shroud of "its for your own safety and well being". also, you can laugh all you want but alot of teachers just lost their jobs because c.a.r.b. needed more money.

i've got the wood!

:eek::eek::eek:

no no no.... not that kind of wood, this is not a swingers club :biggrin:

j/k lol

I truly wish you luck in this endeavor. Between CARB and all the other California and local government BS, I opted to leave. Back in Texas where individual rights do matter.

Ara

I truly wish you luck in this endeavor. Between CARB and all the other California and local government BS, I opted to leave. Back in Texas where individual rights do matter.

Ara

This will be a never ending battle and as we all knows it too well, "WE, THE FIGHTER ARE THE LOSER!"

Get packing if you hate it soooo much and move out of state..... NO MORE WORRIES......:smile:

One of my pet peaves is that we only get to have 91 octane premium here in California. I have driven out of state and used the 93 which is available on the east coast and found that I not only had more power but a couple of gallons better MPG's. If we had the 89, 91 and 93 gas of the east coast I'd bet it would result in lower emissions and better fuel economy averages than the oxygenated crap they sell us now. The oil companies love that we get poorer fuel economy in the state where 10% of the nations cars are driven.

One of my pet peaves is that we only get to have 91 octane premium here in California. I have driven out of state and used the 93 which is available on the east coast and found that I not only had more power but a couple of gallons better MPG's. If we had the 89, 91 and 93 gas of the east coast I'd bet it would result in lower emissions and better fuel economy averages than the oxygenated crap they sell us now. The oil companies love that we get poorer fuel economy in the state where 10% of the nations cars are driven.

This is a common misconception. There is no more power in 89 octane than there is in 91 or 93 octane. Octane is not a measure of power, but is instead a measure of the ignition point of the fuel during the combustion process. A higher octane rating indicates that the fuel will not ignite until a certain temperature is reached in the combustion chamber (a higher octane rating indicates a higher temperature of ignition). This is very important in high compression engines like the NSX. It ensures that we do not get pre-detonation, or pinging.

You are twisting my words-show me the receipt for that last fill up you got and I bet it wasn't 87. Many vehicles will run more efficiently on a higher octane fuel.

Back