• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling all NSX Owners- Ayrton Senna Documentary- Charlotte NC Tuesday Aug 30

NSX Owners and Fans alike,

On August 30th a special event will be happening in Charlotte, NC. The special viewing of a documentary film on Ayrton Senna. Please see the below message from Larry Cornwell. If you are interested and can make it to this event I am sure you will not be disappointed!!

The letter attached was to introduce the premier of the film in the Charlotte area. Very exciting.

Details to follow, I will be checking with Larry Cornwell to see what we need to do to get tickets and special parking! Sounds like a blast and a great way to learn about a great driver that was instrumental in enhancing the car that we know and all love.

More to come,

Michael
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Bastanza:

It was good to talk to you. As I mentioned, I am organizing a premier event for
the release of the documentary film Senna on Tuesday August 30 here in
Charlotte, North Carolina.

Charlotte is the only place in North & South Carolina to see this special film.
Our premier will be a very special event featuring race cars, professional
drivers, interactive displays and prizes.

I would love to have a showing of NSX's from North & South Carolina. If you
would forward this onto your contacts in this area I would greatly appreciate
it. Primarily we are communicating via the Facebook event page and the title of
that page is: Ayrton Senna Documentary Viewing Party.

Make sure that your people know to message me on Facebook and tell me that they
are NSX owners. Otherwise, they should send e-mails to another address,
[email protected]. They should titled the e-mail Ayrton Senna Film (NSX owner).

Thank you and have a great day!

Larry Cornwell
Speedracer Syndication

Gee, if only there was a thread for this already. Oh wait, there is.

I called the theater (valid # (704) 523-9771, invalid # (704) 643-3456)

4289 Park Road
Charlotte, NC 28209 (also listed under 28202, don't know which is correct).

Show times Tue Aug 30 @ 8pm
Sept. 2-4: 2pm, 4:30pm, 7pm, 9:30pm. Before 3pm= $7, after 3pm = $10

The guy I spoke with believes it will be running through Sept. 8th. So there may be more chances to catch it, but I would call to verify.

My bad, I seem not to be as detailed as others. I got this email and posted it right away. I have more details to follow once i contact the promoter of this event. I will post them when I get them.

Here is a response from a guy that is hosting this whole thing. Mid week may not be the best time for many but what about an NSX showing on Saturday Sept 3rd? That would be a site to see several NSXs out from of the theater for such a special event:

Thanks for the reply. I am very measured in how and what details I am releasing about the information outside of Facebook. There are three very good reasons for this. Regal Cinemas is bringing the film here because I was able to convince them that there are enough Formula One and general motorsports enthusiasts in the area. The best way to show this is through ticket sales and Facebook activity. Two, there are a limited number of seats available and if too many people just show up without purchasing their tickets in advance many could be turned away if tickets sell out. Three, this is the first of many unique events that I plan to bring to this area.

In order to convince the next group, I must be able to show them proof. The best way is via advance confirmation via the Facebook event page, advance ticket sales and comments after the screening. That being said, for those who are not on Facebook, they can communicate via this e-mail address. It is just important that they imform me of their confirmed attendance and advance ticket purchase. If anyone asks for these details, please be measured yourself and only give those who do not have Facebook accounts.

Senna will be released in the US in New York & LA on August 12 and in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday August 30. Charlotte is the only place in North & South Carolina to see this special film. Our premier will be a very special event featuring race cars, professional drivers, interactive displays and prizes.

Those who confirm attendance in advance and purchase tickets in advance will be eligible to win special prizes. As of now, Senna will only be shown in Charlotte for four days; the schedule is listed below.

PS: That being said, if the Tuesday screening sells out, I will do a second screening event for one of the showing on Saturday September 3, but only if the first sells out. This screening event will feature a consumer car show and a go-kart race afterwards.

EVENT INTENERARY—Tuesday August 30, 2011
6:00pm: opens
6:45pm: drivers will begin signing autographs
7:20pm: everyone will migrate to their seats in the theater
7:35pm: introductions, photography & video opportunities along with prizes will happen
8:00—8:10pm: film will be shown (film length 1:45)

EVENT LOCATION
Regal Cinemas Park Terrace 6
4289 Park Road
Charlotte, North Carolina 28209
(704)-523-9771

Park Road Shopping Center
4201 Park Road

SENNA SHOW TIME SCHEDULE
Tuesday August 30—8:00pm
Friday September 2—2:00pm/4:30pm/7:00pm/9:3​0pm
Saturday September 3—2:00pm/4:30pm/7:00pm/9:3​0pm
Sunday September 4—2:00pm/4:30pm/7:00pm/9:3​0pm

Here is a response from a guy that is hosting this whole thing. Mid week may not be the best time for many but what about an NSX showing on Saturday Sept 3rd? That would be a site to see several NSXs out from of the theater for such a special event:

Thanks for the reply. I am very measured in how and what details I am releasing about the information outside of Facebook. There are three very good reasons for this. Regal Cinemas is bringing the film here because I was able to convince them that there are enough Formula One and general motorsports enthusiasts in the area. The best way to show this is through ticket sales and Facebook activity. Two, there are a limited number of seats available and if too many people just show up without purchasing their tickets in advance many could be turned away if tickets sell out. Three, this is the first of many unique events that I plan to bring to this area.

In order to convince the next group, I must be able to show them proof. The best way is via advance confirmation via the Facebook event page, advance ticket sales and comments after the screening. That being said, for those who are not on Facebook, they can communicate via this e-mail address. It is just important that they imform me of their confirmed attendance and advance ticket purchase. If anyone asks for these details, please be measured yourself and only give those who do not have Facebook accounts.

Senna will be released in the US in New York & LA on August 12 and in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday August 30. Charlotte is the only place in North & South Carolina to see this special film. Our premier will be a very special event featuring race cars, professional drivers, interactive displays and prizes.

Those who confirm attendance in advance and purchase tickets in advance will be eligible to win special prizes. As of now, Senna will only be shown in Charlotte for four days; the schedule is listed below.

PS: That being said, if the Tuesday screening sells out, I will do a second screening event for one of the showing on Saturday September 3, but only if the first sells out. This screening event will feature a consumer car show and a go-kart race afterwards.

EVENT INTENERARY—Tuesday August 30, 2011
6:00pm: opens
6:45pm: drivers will begin signing autographs
7:20pm: everyone will migrate to their seats in the theater
7:35pm: introductions, photography & video opportunities along with prizes will happen
8:00—8:10pm: film will be shown (film length 1:45)

EVENT LOCATION
Regal Cinemas Park Terrace 6
4289 Park Road
(704)-523-9771

Park Road Shopping Center
4201 Park Road

SENNA SHOW TIME SCHEDULE
Tuesday August 30—8:00pm
Friday September 2—2:00pm/4:30pm/7:00pm/9:3​0pm
Saturday September 3—2:00pm/4:30pm/7:00pm/9:3​0pm
Sunday September 4—2:00pm/4:30pm/7:00pm/9:3​0pm

Thanks for the info!

The event on the 30th is sold out of the orginal screening so a second showing is now available in a second theater. For those interested in going this should be a outstanding event!

Details below:

You may or may not have heard that my premier event was sold out. This was true, but Regal Cinemas is sending a second reel to show Senna in a second room on Tuesday August 30. Anyone that has not purchased their tickets can go to the following link to buy: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...QBBPQL9AQDOuhfzOaidIy-MJKIIHB8HVDOqEfx4oKg-MQ There are 170 seats available for the second room. Drop me a line if you have any questions.

A message from the event promoter for those that are planning to attend. If you are let me know and I will contact Larry and let him know:

Michael:

Good morning! Plese make sure that they all communicate with me here or with you and you inform me. The property management for the Park Road Shopping Center is being a pain and saying that they need proof of event insurance. Since this is not a organized "car show" and we will all be parking in the spaces in a free parking lot, additional insurance is not needed. I explained that the insurance that the owners have on their cars is enough.

Long story short, I need to know how many will be showing up and when so that they can park together if they want. In addition, I will need to know who will be showing up for the screening on Saturday.

Thank you and have a great day!

Larry

Back