• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling all NSXer's in Tustin/Irvine/Santa Ana Area

I'm happy to say that our first local gathering is history now :smile: The weather was great, coffee was fine as always and those of you who showed up, you (& your cars) were spectacular.

We had four cars there including myself;

john1C: black 92 with only 12K miles, everything stock and condition of the original paint is incredible

t-med: red 93 with WW front spoiler, side skirts and soon to come '02 valence. His car has a set of instrument cluster rings installed. Very sweet looking. His car is a daily driver - luck dude but brave :biggrin:

ferris3001: brand new 2005 red NSX-T and doesn't even have a license plate yet. Welcome to the dark side :cool:

yours truly: 91 black/red coupe, just had a set of Comptech headers installed three days ago, to go with my RM DTM exhaust. What a difference. Just earned a few hp worth of bragging rights. :tongue:

All and all everyone lives fairly close and honestly we all enjoyed meeting our friendly local NSXers. T-med probably had the longest drive to get there, 15 minutes on surface streets. From the interest list I know next time we can have even more cars from within the 15-min. radius, not to mention a few more of you from a bit away.

So far we have four out of four in favor of making this a regular gathering. Monthly is what I have in mind. But if anyone is in the spirit of the moment to call a gathering with a short notice, I am gamed too. Nothing fancy and nothing formal. Bring your NSX out, have a coffe, meet some great guys and check out some cool mods. Those of you who knows a friend w/ an exotic car, invite him down too. We'll be nice to the non-NSXers :wink: :wink: :wink:

So stay tuned!

Attachments

• IMAGE_068.jpg
    IMAGE_068.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 474
  • IMAGE_069.jpg
    IMAGE_069.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 479
  • IMAGE_070.jpg
    IMAGE_070.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 454
  • IMAGE_071.jpg
    IMAGE_071.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 467
  • IMAGE_072.jpg
    IMAGE_072.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 467
Looks like fun guys. I'm down in Dana Point but am interested in the next meet. Keep me in mind.

icefire said:
I'm happy to say that our first local gathering is history now :smile: The weather was great, coffee was fine as always and those of you who showed up, you (& your cars) were spectacular.

We had four cars there including myself;

john1C: black 92 with only 12K miles, everything stock and condition of the original paint is incredible

t-med: red 93 with WW front spoiler, side skirts and soon to come '02 valence. His car has a set of instrument cluster rings installed. Very sweet looking. His car is a daily driver - luck dude but brave :biggrin:

ferris3001: brand new 2005 red NSX-T and doesn't even have a license plate yet. Welcome to the dark side :cool

yours truly: 91 black/red coupe, just had a set of Comptech headers installed three days ago, to go with my RM DTM exhaust. What a difference. Just earned a few hp worth of bragging rights. :tongue:

All and all everyone lives fairly close and honestly we all enjoyed meeting our friendly local NSXers. T-med probably had the longest drive to get there, 15 minutes on surface streets. From the interest list I know next time we can have even more cars from within the 15-min. radius, not to mention a few more of you from a bit away.

So far we have four out of four in favor of making this a regular gathering. Monthly is what I have in mind. But if anyone is in the spirit of the moment to call a gathering with a short notice, I am gamed too. Nothing fancy and nothing formal. Bring your NSX out, have a coffe, meet some great guys and check out some cool mods. Those of you who knows a friend w/ an exotic car, invite him down too. We'll be nice to the non-NSXers :wink: :wink: :wink:

So stay tuned!

Unfortunately, I just found your post today! I'm definitely interested. Count me in next time. Just a small suggestion on the location--I would prefer a location with some eye-candies, if you know what I mean!!! :tongue:

I got my wisdom teeth yanked over the weekend or I would have joined you guys. Ill make the next one. :biggrin:

NSXrunner said:
I got my wisdom teeth yanked over the weekend or I would have joined you guys. Ill make the next one. :biggrin:

Have you noticed any change in your wisdom since last friday now that you have no wisdom ..... teeth? :biggrin: Don't keep taking the pain killers because it feels good OK?

CDub said:
Terry, were you flexing your muscles on the last pic? :biggrin:

Actually no. My muscles have minds of their own!!!! :biggrin:
Thanks for noticing but you'll know when I'm flexing!!!! :tongue:.
We missed you there but hope we'll see you next time.

Thanks to ICEFIRE (Jerry) for his passion and desire to get us locals
together. I don't know why it's so much fun to stand around and look at and talk about these cars, but it is!!!!
Here's what (who) makes it so great:

Jerry (icefire) - His car is beautiful and it sounds amazing. The Racing Harts in 17/18 are awesome! Check out his seats and engine and you'll see how cool a 91 can be. Talk about an enthusiast. Jerry's your man.

John (john1c) - What an impeccable 92! The black paint is stunning. The sun came out to show no swirls and no spider webs. (okay, maybe one or two but he forced us to see them). Inside and out, a perfect example. And you can talk to John for hours. He has a cool style and some cool friends. Especially the Silver Supra Turbo, Silver M3 and Silver Ferrari 360 Modena friend. Silver is COOL!

Ferris (ferris3001) - Oooh that new car smell! And ooh that new NSX look.
We all aspire to get our cars back to showroom perfection, so it's nice to see one that actually is perfect because it's fresh out of one!! Ferris has owned some very sweet rides. But none sweeter than what he has now. He knows a racing instructor so mountain drives with Ferris should be epic.

It was a small turnout but it made for a good time and I hope it grows in
the future. But if it stays this small, I'll still show up until we run out of
stuff to talk about!

Thanks again, Jerry.
Here's to new friends!

T-Med
Terry

Although it was a small turnout for this local gathering, it was great! Very cool to meet up with a few local guys - Jerry, Terry, and Ferris. Great company, great conversation, great cars... what else can you ask for on a beautiful Sunday morning? Hope to meet more next time.

Cheers,
John

I'm down in Temecula. Any reason to come over the Ortega would be good for me. Keep me posted on the next one if you will be coming down my way.

Guys,

This waiting for the next meet is killing me. Are you guys ready for the next one? I know, we just met on 5/1 which is not even a month yet. But it's never too early to start thinking about our next gathering.

How about it? This is supposed to be a spirit of the moment, informal gathering. Are you guys gamed for this Sunday 5/22 or the following Sunday 5/29?

Let's see a show of hands. :biggrin:

icefire said:
Guys,

How about it? This is supposed to be a spirit of the moment, informal gathering. Are you guys gamed for this Sunday 5/22 or the following Sunday 5/29?

Let's see a show of hands. :biggrin:

I am interested, and will be there this time for sure :smile:

May 29 is Memorial weekend. Lots of guys might be heading out of town possibly have other plans. Why don't we just do this weekend, 5/22 and see how many would show up.

Date: May 22, Sunday
Time: 8:30AM (gives some of you more time to sleep :smile: ) to whenever
Place: Starbuck, corner of Irvine Blvd. and Culver Dr. in Irvine.

I will need help to "fence up" a section for parking. Can I have two volunteers committed to show up no later than 8:30 AM to fence up a block for our parking using our cars? Of course more of you guys showing up on time would help to keep all our cars parked together.

BTW if you've got a friend with an exotic car, invite him too. Hope to see lots of you there.

icefire said:
Date: May 22, Sunday
Time: 8:30AM (gives some of you more time to sleep :smile: ) to whenever
Place: Starbuck, corner of Irvine Blvd. and Culver Dr. in Irvine.

QUOTE]

Anyone coming at all? :confused:

What do you know, you guys came to the calling :smile: Yes we did have a local gathering this morning as proposed. That's 2 out of 2 so far ... not a bad streak. We even topped the last gathering by 1 car. :biggrin:

CDUB, Silver1, Ray (ooops, forgot your user name) and Poohbear, good seeing you guys. Glad you all decided to bring you baby out for a breather. Cars were beautiful. Believe it or not we managed to attracted a few envious stares, some complements, and a 2005 S2000 owner (and now likely a fellow NSXer to be :wink: ) who joined us for a short chat with his daughter and came back later with his other daughter so he could show what "daddy is gonna to get" car :tongue:

Believe it or not, we even picked up a strayed 2005 silver NSX. You heard me. The owner happened to drive by our parking area on her way to morning workout and couldn't believe what she encountered, 5 NSXes :eek: :eek: She never knew .... the "Prime" power ..... and of course we showed her the light :tongue: Well, that's one more to the family and hope to see many more of you in the future.

Remember, listen for the calling .......

Attachments

• IMAGE_082.jpg
    IMAGE_082.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMAGE_081.jpg
    IMAGE_081.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMAGE_080.jpg
    IMAGE_080.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMAGE_079.jpg
    IMAGE_079.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMAGE_078.jpg
    IMAGE_078.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 193
icefire,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to get the local group together. We weren't going to let your effort go to waste. It is always good to meet old friends and make new ones too. I'd never expect that we'd actually meet almost to 10 years ago. Small world.

icefire and Poohbear did a good job fixing up their cars. I always say if you don't want to cut a hole in your wallet, don't go to these events. I'm sure Silverone has started his list to mod the heck out of his green tea icecream. Ray, I'm going to drag you out more often so that you can hear your GM roar. Having 3 cars with GM exhausts in a group of 5 is unreal. You can probably count the number of GM exhausts in the states with you hands and feet.

It was so neat to have talked to the S2K guy and his 2 daughters. He is actually selling his car to make room for an NSX. Best of luck to you if youare reading this post. It was fun talking to the lady in her 2005 Silver NSX and the guy with his family telling us that he regreted his choice on the 996 instead of an NSX.

We had a great meet and will not miss another one as long as I'm available.

p.s. Hey you forgot to mention an E55 laying rubber in front of us to show off the owesome power of his 4 door sedan. :rolleyes:

CDub said:
p.s. Hey you forgot to mention an E55 laying rubber in front of us to show off the owesome power of his 4 door sedan. :rolleyes:

NSX does have that effect on folks :biggrin:

Likewise, icefire, thanks for setting it up. I think we can maybe combine a short cruise into our next gathering :) 'Validation' of mods: suspension, exhaust..etc?

I am thinking of new suspensions, but not sure which one. I think once we have more people joining us, it'd great to get a test ride or see the mod in action.

$0.01.

SilverOne said:
Likewise, icefire, thanks for setting it up. I think we can maybe combine a short cruise into our next gathering :) 'Validation' of mods: suspension, exhaust..etc?

I am thinking of new suspensions, but not sure which one. I think once we have more people joining us, it'd great to get a test ride or see the mod in action.

$0.01.

Great idea. I'm doing some suspension mod too. Just picked up a set of Comptech sway bars after much research. But like you said if we could have a chance to test ride different setups by different owners, sure will help in narrowing selection.

Back