• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can anyone vouch for VIN JH4NA21632T000141?

Don't know the car but what I found curious is the seller first listed it with a $59,999 firm price and indicated he was in no hurry to sell. One week later he edited the ad (actually prematurely bumped it at first), dropped the price by 8k in only one week and I seem to recall that he deleted the language about not being in a hurry but I could be wrong. Nevertheless, an 8k price drop in one week caught my attention.

Yes, that seems odd to me as well. I'm hoping that someone will want to go have a looksee for me and let me know if it's legit before I buy a plane ticket. Does anyone know jvmax?

It's not super clean but John (jvmax) was good enough to send me pics of the blemished areas. There's nothing major but I am a perfectionist and it will require some paint touch up work to meet my standards. The front and rear bumpers, top, hood, drivers side door and drivers side intake scoop show chipped/scuffed paint (very minor, for the most part). One of the previous owners tried to touch them up with the old "nail polish" paint that you get from the dealer and I think that actually made it look worse :rolleyes: The outer side bolsters on both seats show slight scuffing and discoloration as well. It needs a little TLC :smile:

That said, I am still considering it and might have to take my chances and book a trip to Orlando to check it out if no one from this fine forum can do a preliminary look-see for me. Can anyone help a brutha' out?

Last edited:
Don't know the car but what I found curious is the seller first listed it with a $59,999 firm price and indicated he was in no hurry to sell. One week later he edited the ad (actually prematurely bumped it at first), dropped the price by 8k in only one week and I seem to recall that he deleted the language about not being in a hurry but I could be wrong. Nevertheless, an 8k price drop in one week caught my attention.

Just wanted to explain my pricing theory, decided to list it at KBB Private Party value which is $60k, then decided to drop the price to what was discussed in the other post for a fast sale as I am looking at a Aston Martin. I should have kept it at that price as I had a guy (not a NSX Prime member) lowball me as I sent him pics of the blemishes saying its gonna cost $5k to make it perfect. All I can say is this is a used car about 10 years old, been driven and enjoyed with the usual blemishes. Unless your a foot away, these blemishes cant be seen.

Thanks for the explanation and you have been very responsive to all of my questions - I really appreciate that. Hopefully, we can strike a deal soon :smile:

I am in Tampa and can do a look see if anyone wants.

but I know there are alot of guys in orlando that can help out post it in the orlando section of prime see if you get a hit.

Last edited:
Thanks for your offer Shawn but I think I'm covered now. Christine (ChicNSX) has offered to go check it out for me this weekend. Hopefully, the car pleases her critical eye :smile:

if christine can't make it this weekend, i can check it on monday. let me know if you need the assistance. i live in longwood, 3 miles from lake mary.

regards,
rog

if christine can't make it this weekend, i can check it on monday. let me know if you need the assistance. i live in longwood, 3 miles from lake mary.

regards,
rog

Christine (ChicNSX) came by Saturday Morning...

Happy endings all around :biggrin: I am proud to be a new member of the family! The car is being shipped from Orlando to Dallas next week and that is going to be a very LOOOOOOOOOOOONG week. But I've waited years so another week is do-able:smile:

Since you are local, just thought I would see if you were interested in this. I have a Spa Yellow front lip, never installed, if interested let me know and you can check it out, still sitting around so would be glad to cut you a deal on it if interested. I live in Plano.

Congrats on the car, I really loved my 02.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124591

Hey, that spoiler looks very nice! My car hasn't been shipped to me yet but when it arrives I may be interested in picking it up.The stock part was a bit scraped up, as I recall. I live in Allen so we're neighbors :biggrin: I hope to have the car in time for the June Cars and Coffee in Plano.

I'm sure you are ready for it to get here!! I live near coit and legacy so just drop me a line later on if you want to check it out. Enjoy the car!

I'm chomping at the bits to get this car to its new home. I am SO ready for it! Who did your paint work odenspike? The car has a few areas that I would like to get professionally touched up (rock chips and such) but I've been told by a previous Spa yellow owner that it is a tough color to match(?).

Last edited:
You are right it is very difficult to get a good match and i learned that the hard way.The shop that finally got it right is no longer around BUT I know the old owner and the person that bought out their supplies I "believe" may have the mix from my car, but I don't know if still good or not. Let me ask around.

Back