• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can I Use 18 X 8 On Front And Rear On My1995

Need some tips I have a nice set of wheels that I think will fit they are 18 x 8 front and rear With this set up work ?? Please help Thanks !:biggrin:

yep... as long as the offset is 35-38 should be no problems. You can also run a 1" spacer in the rear if you wish to kick them out a little

18x8 wheels are too narrow for the proper size rear tires on the NSX (255/35-18 or 265/35-18).

Also, if the four wheels are identical, you are going to have a problem with the different size center bore required for NSX wheels. (The center bore is the big hole in the center of the wheel.)

nsxtasy said:
18x8 wheels are too narrow for the proper size rear tires on the NSX (255/35-18 or 265/35-18).

Also, if the four wheels are identical, you are going to have a problem with the different size center bore required for NSX wheels. (The center bore is the big hole in the center of the wheel.)

I am running 18x8 on the rear with a 255 35 18... recommended by discounttiredirect.com for the nsx and the tires fit great with zero problems, they aren't bowed out in the center at all.

As for the center bore for nsx wheels... Aftermarket rims come with plastic or aluminum alignment rings in order to fit perfectly on the hub.

nsxot1c said:
I am running 18x8 on the rear with a 255 35 18... recommended by discounttiredirect.com
All 255/35-18 tires that I'm aware of are approved by their tire manufacturer only for use on rim widths of 8.5-10.0 inches. Tires aren't covered under the manufacturer's warranty for non-approved rim widths. It is also a serious safety issue. I'm surprised that Discount Tire would expose themselves to the liability involved in selling tires for a use that is not approved by their manufacturer. I sure wouldn't use them that way...

nsxot1c said:
As for the center bore for nsx wheels... Aftermarket rims come with plastic or aluminum alignment rings in order to fit perfectly on the hub.
When bought new, yes. When bought used, often no (and they're difficult to impossible to buy separately).

Back