• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can it be my wheel sensors a going bad?.......

Hi. My car suddenly started to do this a few day's ago. The TCS will flicker about a sec. during hard acceleration on 1st and 2nd gear and sometime only on 1st, sometimes only on 2nd. After that, all is well. My guess is the wheel speed sensors and if it is, which one? Or something else all together? My wheel set up are 17x8 with 215/40r and 18x9.5 265/35r. I had this set up all last year and it ran fine. Any input would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee c

My 92 just started doing this as well. Curious to know what the solution is.

I would check your rear tire pressures....

The TCS is engaging, so the system "thinks" the wheels are slipping.

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
I had the same problem a few weeks ago with my 91. Come of find out that one of my front tires was 5 lbs low in pressure and it caused the TCS to activate. I could not believe that the TCS was that sensitive. So I would also suggest checking all your tire pressure for all 4 tires.

Well, It's not the tire pressure. Two front and two rear are hold the same pressure....... I'll have to take off my wheels this weekend and check to see if there is anything out of the ordinary.

It could be that the tires are REALLY slipping........:)

If so, just turn the TCS off. We always do this at the track BTW.

Regards,
LarryB

Back