• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can someone in FL perform a purchase inspection for me

Hello,

I could really use your help with a purchase inspection. Is there anyway a fellow nsx prime member, could do a purchase inspection for me this week...or perhaps join me

I am in the process of buying a black 94 nsx. The car was listed on ebay and is located in West Palm Beach, Fl.

It appears to be a two owner car with 47k in mileage. I won the car a couple of hours ago. I honestly didn't think I was going to win it.

Here is a link to pictures of the car on the web: http://www.carpictures.com/vehicle/14HEL000230577/Acura-NSX-1994

Its my first nsx!!! After more than a year of looking, lurking and hoping....I will be a nsx owner!!!! I am stoked, since I was about to give up and...well you don't really want to know what I was actually considering...lol..some other Japanese super car.

I will most likely fly down to west palm to handle the transaction.

Would be really great if one of the nsx master techs in fla could do a purchase inspection or at least someone local who has done these before could help me out. More than happy to compensate for the time and effort.

The vin is: JH4NA1157RT000073
the ebay listing was:181492356258

I have a car fax, auto check, and vin-audit on the car. All 3 seem to indicate the car is ok, but there is a damage report on file in Florida from April of 2012 in two of the reports. The report number is case:12324848. I will try to get this report. I have no further details. It should be minor since the car fax and auto check both qualify the vehicle for the buy back guarantee

The car is originally from Maryland, ...and then later serviced at Chevy Chase Acura in Bethesda. It looks like it stayed in Maryland until April 2012. In April of 2012 there was the accident or damage report of some kind to the left rear....based on the reports..it appears minor....but you never know

It also appears to be serviced by Napleton Palm Beach Acura in west palm beach starting April 2012 until march of 2013. It was sold in March of 2013 and it looks like it was inspected in February of 2014.

It does not appear to have timing belt or water pump replacement.
I am going to try to get the service records from the dealers.

If you can help..please give me a call at 610-662-6155 or pm me.

Thanks
Tom

Last edited:
remember never wire money. I did the same thing wired 1000 to hold the car for me so I could look at it, he kept the money said I was a scammer.

your ebay listing was invalid post it again wanna see how this seller spoke of the NSX. so scammer copy and paste info, and never post it on some car pictures.com site that was weird and it smells funny

Hello Shawn,

thank you for your help. Here is the description he used. I did attempt to contact him his morning and we will see how it goes. Sorry about the bad post...was posting from an iPad...and don't think I grabbed the info correctly. How far is your shop from west palm beach....I was just in the Miami area a week ago for business.

I am selling my 5 speed Manual Black/Black 1994 Acura NSX with only 47k miles. I have a clean title in hand with no liens. The car has been garaged all its life and I am truly sad to see it go. I love driving it. I really like the 94's because of the 7 spoke gray wheels and passenger airbag, amongst other small upgrades since 91. I have driven many different cars but the NSX is one of the best. I am the second owner and the car is in great shape. The leather seats are still soft and in great shape. A/C blows cold and functions as it should. Clutch shows no signs of slipping. The car is all stock with no aftermarket modifications. In addition, the car has all keys, including the nickel plated keys, owner's manual, and the factory spare tire as well as the tool kit and compressor for the spare. There is a small imprint on the front bumper from someone's trailer hitch resting against my bumper when they parked. (Got to love South FL drivers...) It can be seen in the pics of the front of the car. I will truly miss driving this car but it is time to move on to something else. That being said, I am in no rush to sell the car and do not mind hanging onto it.

For those who are wondering, I also have my Automatic Red/Black 1991 NSX with 58k miles for sale separately (this auction is only for the Black 1994). Again, I am in no rush to sell either car.

Car is sold as-is with no warranties expressed or implied. Buyer is responsible for local pickup or shipping arrangements (I will help with arrangements anyway I can but it is still the buyer's responsibility). Seller reserves the right to end the auction early as the car is for sale locally.

Good luck and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. Serious bidders only, please. If you have low, negative, or no feedback I will cancel your bids if you do not contact me prior to bidding. Thank You!
On Aug-15-14 at 11:08:00 PDT, seller added the following information:
There is no longer an imprint on the bumper, it has been professionally repaired and looks great. The exterior of the car is virtually flawless at this point.

Thank You and Good Luck!

1994 Acura NSX
1994 Acura NSX 47k Miles Second Owner Garage Kept 5 Speed Manual

Seller : motodan3000 (130 ) 100% Positive feedback
Follow this seller | See other items
Item condition:Used
Ended: Aug 17, 2014 21:05:38 PDT
Winning bid:US $39,100.00
[ 13 bids ]
Get low monthly payments | get an instant decision
Get free insurance quotes from RateKick | Learn More
Shipping: Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping | Vehicle shipping quote available

Item location:
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States

Ships to:
United States
Payments:
Deposit of US $1,000.00 within 24 hours of auction close
Full payment is required within 3 days of auction close

Thanks
tom

remember never wire money. I did the same thing wired 1000 to hold the car for me so I could look at it, he kept the money said I was a scammer.

your ebay listing was invalid post it again wanna see how this seller spoke of the NSX. so scammer copy and paste info, and never post it on some car pictures.com site that was weird and it smells funny

Agree with Shawn, always try and use Paypal with a credit card just in case.

Thanks...I appreciate it. I received a notice from the seller saying he was looking forward to receiving my deposit today via PayPal.....this was after my notice to him to have him call me directly to set up a time for title transfer, vehicle inspection, and to complete the transaction. I responded to his request for payment within a few minutes with another request to call me directly....nothing back from him yet...thanks for the help and support...i appreciate it and was actually looking forward to an impromptu trip to Florida this week.

There are a few of us who live close to where this car is located. I'd be able to take a look at it to make sure the car is real or not, but not until the end of the week. If you want to get a PPI, there is a local independent mechanic in Ft. Lauderdale who works on many NSX's down here.

You can always send a deposit with the stipulation that it is refundable and the purchase is dependent on a PPI. I'd also give West Palm Napleton Acura a call and see what they know about the car. I've bought four cars from them and they are a good dealership.

Agree with DocL have something in writing that says the deposit is refundable if the car does not pass a PPI,

now if he keeps the money it will cost you 3K to get back your 1K so be careful

and dont take his word for anything..... car is mint.... yeah let me see it.... I am in no rush to sell the car..... yeah if it doesnt pass a PPI then you can hold it as long as you want.

Thank you...still nothing back from him....I really appreciate you guys jumping in to help. This is by far the best car club/forum that I have ever been a part of.

Thanks. He goes by the name of Danny. Ebay name is motodan3000. I did call the local acura dealership...they are going to call me back...hopefully some more news

Thanks. He goes by the name of Danny. Ebay name is motodan3000. I did call the local acura dealership...they are going to call me back...hopefully some more news

Then Florida DMV is out of date because the current registration as of 8/14 shows it being owned by 53 year old Eric. T in Wellington.

You've got PM.............

Last edited:
Thank you. He is scheduled to call me tonight around 7pm. We will see how it goes. ...will keep everyone posted. Starting to feel better about this...

Agree with DocL have something in writing that says the deposit is refundable if the car does not pass a PPI,

now if he keeps the money it will cost you 3K to get back your 1K so be careful

and dont take his word for anything..... car is mint.... yeah let me see it.... I am in no rush to sell the car..... yeah if it doesnt pass a PPI then you can hold it as long as you want.

Why would you be out $3k? Pay with a credit card, if he scams you, call the issuer, dispute it. You are very likely to get your money back. Only if they refuse will you have to fight in the courts.

Having said that though, I have never actually done this for a deposit on a vehicle, just for eBay and online purchases. Has anyone actually done this for a car deposit that fell through?

a quick update from my side. I spoke with the owner last night via phone. He is a fellow prime member and owns two NSX vehicles. We discussed the car history, maintenance, condition, etc. I am flying down this week on Friday to meet him, examine the car and finalize the transaction. I hope and expect everything to go smoothly.

I would still appreciate it if one of the local prime members would be open to looking at the car with me before I ship it home since it's my first nsx....I can read all the articles, buyers guides, etc. on what to look for, but nothing will replace the actual ownership experience and knowing what to look for.

Thanks again to everyone for the guidance, offering to help and sharing the current info they have. I need to lock down the shipping....I have a request into intercity lines for a price...

Thanks

I meet Tom this morning and checked out the car with him. I'll let him tell the rest. :biggrin:

Story is told in the new owner thread....lol...thanks again DOC...meeting up with you was the best part of the trip... i had a blast...thanks again for all the help

Back