• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can u "polish" your front running lights?

So it's been bugging me for quite some time now... my front running lights/turn signals are dull; most likely from them being 13+ years old. They aren't yellowed and they work fine; they just don't look nice and shiny new anymore.

So has anyone polished theirs to make them look new again? Is this possible? What device/product(s) would I use? Are they easy to remove?

Thanks!!!

Sure, you can polish all the plastic lenses on your NSX. I've used Meguires Polish Cleaner and Polish. The cleaner is the most effective and then use the Polish if you really want to get serious about it.

If they are severely pitted I have had luck wet sanding them and then going back with a plastic polish. I ususally start with a 220 wet sand and finish with a 400. After that I use a plastic polish. Looks like new when I am done. I did the same with the side turn signals and rear tail lights to remove the wording on the plastic.

HTH

Back