• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cant pull the trigger on an Exhaust!! Help

i have bought the Messiah exhaust and should be installing it next week so i cannot say how it sounds apart from this clip however i can tell you it is a work of art the welds the bends everything is done to perfection everyone who has seen it just goes shit that is some nice work.
I just need to get the car on the hoist and get it on.

i have this same exhaust and it makes thr nsx sound like it has a larger displacement engine.

it totally sounds different at the nsx meets and turns heads.

Does anyone like the SOS exhaust endura lite??

Hi

I have the SOS ultra light endrua exhaust for almost 2 years and yes it sounds amazing with a deep tone at low revs and building to a higher crescendo at the top end of the rev range. Plus the extra hp is cool.

My NSX is a 95 with 2005 headers and standard cats . I track the car a couple of times a year ( sounds fantastic at the track) and take it on regular country drives and trips away.

It is also a daily driver and there in lies the PROBLEM. It DRONES between 2K-2.5K rpm. And I mean IT DRONES. And before I start getting responses like "drone is a personal opinion" or such like. It DRONES NO ifs or BUTS . Just like most of the other exhausts mentioned on this thread. So I was forced to order silencers from SOS which have made driving in daily traffic fine.

I have read many exhaust threads and have heard many exhaust systems. I have come to the conclusion that if you only drive your car on weekends , once a month , just cruising in town on a Saturday night , or it's a show pony then you probably don't have a problem with the drone. You may not even notice that much BUT if you drive it daily, it may take one day, one week, one month , one year but it will get to you.

I hope this helps you choose the exhaust that is right for you.

I have the Cantrell, which is the same as the Endura Lite.

Mine is a '94 with Cantrell headers and stock cats.

There is a slight drone, but I guess I haven't driven it enough to notice.

What do the inserts from SOS look like as they're not show on their website?

Gruppe M V2!!!! Super high pitched at high RPM's and sounds like a lion at lower RPM's... :biggrin:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ikGrF0mwnj4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The V2 is IMO the best "all around" exhaust. Downside is, many of you live where cats are mandatory for inspection. In no way does the V2 allow for cats. The other downside is, their getting hard to find. Lastly the larger quad tips will not work will 02+ valances.

The V2 is IMO the best "all around" exhaust. Downside is, many of you live where cats are mandatory for inspection. In no way does the V2 allow for cats. The other downside is, their getting hard to find. Lastly the larger quad tips will not work will 02+ valances.

Wait, so I cant have Pride V2 and cats in together? Because I was planning on getting V2 and getting rid of what I have. I am running test pipes but keeping my cats for smog time. Damn, that sucks.

Wait, so I cant have Pride V2 and cats in together? Because I was planning on getting V2 and getting rid of what I have. I am running test pipes but keeping my cats for smog time. Damn, that sucks.

think he is referring to Gruppe M V2, not Pride V2. I have Pride V2 on stock cats, completely bolt on.

Youtube video with some NSX exhaust muffler sounds. Mufller sounds are compared side by side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5RyP_nthnE

Very nice. Thanks. Of course, almost none of the ones discussed here are on that video. lol.

Found Advanscpaps

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QaFaC1J8vRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Kids asked me to rev during an event, someone posted on youtube

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/87R0lgaEjMg?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/87R0lgaEjMg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Pride, with PRIDE! :D

Most higher end exhaust will be a great improvement in performance and sound over the stock exhaust. The sound is a matter of preference. Some like the high pitch of an F1 or Ferrari and some like the low tone simular to a V8 Mustang or Corvette. But on an exotic car like the NSX no one should ever,ever,ever have a fart can or tin can sounding exhaust as that just sounds cheap.

I chose the Pride V2 because I liked the exotic look of the quad tips and since I prefer to keep my car as stock as possible I wanted to keep the cats. I wanted something that was low and quiet in low rpms and louder and higher in the high rpms. The exhaust has a tasteful growl to it and the fact that Mark is easy to work with and backs his product faithfully and the price is reasonable was icing on the cake. Like all the others the Pride has a drone but to me it is not bad for daily driving and the power band of the drone is less than most, about 2,000 to 2,300 rpm and even then it doesn't interfere with the engine sound, stereo or conversation in the cockpit.

I listened to many different exhausts before I pulled the trigger and I would suggest the same to anyone looking at new exhaust. But again the sound is a matter of preference.

Back