• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Canton Car show this weekend!

I was just wondering about this show... I saw this on another site and copy/pasted it here! Is anyone interested in going?

The length of this post will make somebody jealous :eek:

I know I didn't say that? :biggrin:

"Canton, GA - Po Boys cruise in - 3rd Saturday - April through October

http://www.poboyscarclub.com

THE FOLLOWING CRUISES for 2008 ARE ON THE 3RD SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH AT 5PM <- official start time, but there will be cars there, long before that time.

The event is 5-9pm, in my experience there are usually plenty of cars there at 4:30pm or before.

-----------

I have been to this cruise in several times.

There is always a good turn out of cars attending the event. 400-500 cars is a regular thing if the weather is nice. I was there one night when there were over 600 and I think they stopped counting.

You never know what kind of rides will turn up. This event gets a lot of different vehicles & some quirky ones that you do not see as often around Atlanta, GA. I think the reason for this is that it is not a 'show' it is a 'cruise in', so there is no judging or classes. It is just a "show up and park with whatever you have" event.

As of this writing, it is 5 bucks, per car to park in the roped in, cruise in area itself. The money is donated to a local training school center... it is free to just walk around. Check the website linked above for the latest.

There are the usual burgers and hot dogs at a trailer stand and some other eating joints(Red Lobster, a mexican place...) around the lot itself. There is also a big Publix grocery store if you just want to buy something in there, that is also a good place for a cool drink and to hit the bathroom. Down the road is a Hardee's burger joint and some other places like that. Back across the bridge is a Walmart center with a Chick Fil-A(keep in mind that after 5pm on Saturday's, a lot of Chick-Fil'A's have the 'kids eat free' thing, so it'll be busy), Wendy's and a Hooters. There are also several gas stations around the event location, one of which has a Subway sandwich shop.. I think it's the station in front of the Home Depot.

There is the usual PA system with the constant announcements of something... with the seemingly required feedback and 1950's-1970's greatest hits music being played way too loud. [note: the last few times I went in 2008, they seemed to have turned the volume down a bit. They put the PA down toward the bottom of the hill, so if you want to be away from it, go towards the top...]

If rain is not in the weather forecast and it is a nice evening, there will be bunches of rides there. The fewest number of cars I have seen there, which was on a potentially rainy evening in football season a few years ago, was around 300 cars. This event routinely has 500 + cars in attendance.

There are very few trailer queens at this event. Lots of kids of all ages are running around so if you have an aversion to that sort of thing, don't bring your ride."

The kinds of vehicles range from everything with wheels that you can think of. Trucks, military vehicles(jeeps, ton truck, ducks), off road 4x4's show trucks or actual dirty rock crawlers and mud slingers,, 1930's luxury cars(I once saw at least seven beautiful packards there at once), brand new tricked out corvettes, bone stock 1950's cars, full road race cars, drag cars, ferrari's, Porsche's, beat up and worn out project cars, full out customs... 1920's ton trucks... it's very neat to see them all thrown in together.

http://picasaweb.google.com/woogeroo - check out the albums for the Po Boy's Canton shows to get an idea of the nuttiness of the types of cars. Everyone, really is welcome.

Back