• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

car carrier ?

guys,

i recently moved about 300 miles and will be looking to retrieve my nsx when the weather clears a bit up here in PA. Rather than driving, I would like to transport the car myself. I looked at Penske and their carriers don't accomodate 17" tires. Budget's website doesn't say what their carrier will or won't accomodate. Any ideas ?

For 300 miles I would recommend driving it and saving the hassle and possible damage from a car carrier service.

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Originally posted by mikec:
For 300 miles I would recommend driving it and saving the hassle and possible damage from a car carrier service.

I agree! I drove mine over 1000 miles and it was a breeze. Just wait for a nice day when the roads are clear. Unless you have a nsx with 50 miles on it and you dont ever drive it, if thats the case then use a closed carrier the cost is higher but its worth it.

Well, what i was looking to do was tow it myself, am not looking to hire a car carrier service, simply to put it on a single carrier and tow it. just not sure where to find a carrier to rent that fits 17" tires.

Okay, then...

For 300 miles I would recommend driving it and saving the hassle and possible damage from towing it.

IF you don't have time to drive it there are no shortage of volunteers willing to help you out. Just be sure to rent the Richard Prior movie "Moving" before you hand over the keys.

wow... ok, maybe i'll just drive then... i may look into u haul first, i read the faq and i guess they apparantly rent carriers...

I have used Ryder equipment to move a NSX before. Note that the diameter of the wheel is not important, but the width of the wheel/tire to fit on the carrier's ramps. Most equipment should be compatible. Take a measuring tape to verify.

Regards,
-- Chris

Back