• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car is back on the road !!!

I went consistantly 118-119 MPH with 1.8 60' times at 10.5 psi.

coldhammer:

Glad the car is way up on power now by the way! I would go back to the track now and see the difference.

V8killer:

Did you decide on tires yet?

actually the track run that i made is with the current tuning. There has been no additional tuning made to the car since that run other than to retard the timing a bit because of the knock sensors.

So in short the car was producing that kind of power when I made those runs.

This is a silly question, but is there any chance you shifted from 2nd to 5th? That would explain you only pick up 20MPH over the last 1/8th mile. With a stock 5-speed, you should hit 80MPH in 2nd.

Congrats on the boost!! Once it gets all dialed in the car should be pretty sweet. :)

coldhammer said:
I couldnt really say whether that is all that off or not. I recently took my car to the track and got a 1/4 of 14.1 @ 98 mph. versus a stock nsx making a run of 14.4. I have basically the same setup as you:

Low boost rebuild w/ 9.5 to 1 JE pistons.
BBSC Novi 1000 8lbs.
550cc injectors.
AEM electronics.
Wideband O2 sensors.
DC exhaust.

Minus the aftercooler, smaller injectors and no headers.

My timeslip was realitively decent with an R/T of .533 and a 60' of 2.2.

So on the same token my times seem to be way off of expectation as well. I am interested to see what comes of this thread and if any solutions are found.

On a side note perhaps you can post your time slip for review?

Your times and trap are slower than a stock NSX.

Your sixty foot could be better, (2.0 would be good, 1.8 excellent) but does not explain the low ET and low trap.

Something was very wrong with your run, no question about it.

To put it in perspective, my NA 93 ran a 13.8 at 102 MPH with a 2.0 sixty foot and a car that was not running well and had a few extra pounds in the trunk. Today, that same car should run 13.5 at 104-106 based on my butt-dyno (different exhaust, Cantrell AIS and some minor weight reduction). This is a car that should dyno at 240-245 at the wheels versus your car with at least 100 extra rwhp.

for perspective, my friend with a '93 BPU turbo supra, which feels WAY strong, and pulls very hard up to 165+ has only posted a best of 13.2 1/4 at the track.. guess he sucks at the track. BTW his car dyno'd 408 RWHP.

peiserg said:
for perspective, my friend with a '93 BPU turbo supra, which feels WAY strong, and pulls very hard up to 165+ has only posted a best of 13.2 1/4 at the track.. guess he sucks at the track. BTW his car dyno'd 408 RWHP.

But what was his MPH? My guess is he ran 13.2 @ 117-120 MPH or so. Like you said, he sucks at the 1/4, but the MPH shows the power of the car and its potential.

01blacks4 said:
dyno is all that matters....1/4 mile times are all about skill not power....

Times are about skill trap speeds are about power. Granted exremely slow shifting would affect trap speeds, but as a rule trap speeds are a great indicator of power.

Dyno's on the other hand are just dyno's. Most tuners that tune for high HP baseline on a dyno and that's it. They tune on the street 3rd and 4th gear pulls using a wideband.

109MPH is very slow. For comparison a 3800lb Cobra with 360rwhp will run 109mph in the 1/4 mile. A 350rwhp 3000lb NSX should do much much better than that.

I thought C&D had a 3.2 6 speed NSX-T closcked doing 0-60 in 4.5 and 1/4 in 12.9 @110 and thats stock...

After driving mine this weekend, I can tell you something is way wrong. This red car HAULS ass.

NetViper said:
After driving mine this weekend, I can tell you something is way wrong. This red car HAULS ass.

he already said the car felt strong. I assume he knows what it felt like without the supercharger, because he put 1000 miles on it for his pre-supercharger break in.. so obviously the bbsc is doing something right. A dyno is the only way to know for sure. all the other is just conjecture.

NetViper said:

Wait a Minute!!!!

Netviper has FI? A true supecharged car? What is the world coming to?
Congrats dude.... It's about damn time.... :biggrin:
You have now officially been "Forced" Welcome to the Fast and the Addicted...

Last edited:
len3.8 said:
Wait a Minute!!!!

Netviper has FI? A true supecharged car? What is the world coming to?
Congrats dude.... It's about damn time.... :biggrin:
You have now officially been "Forced" Welcom to the Fast and the Addicted...

Thanks for the warm welcome. :biggrin:

I got the car back again on Friday Apr.1st.The next day the car started making a loud squaking sound from the engine bay and boost in 1st gear only goes to 5-8 lbs.In 2nd gear boost goes to 11 lbs.THE 2 YEAR DEBACLE CONTINUES!!!

how is the s/c belt tension? Is it a gator back belt or standard 6 rib? squawking at idle, only WOT?

Netviper has FI? A true supecharged car?

Yes, he does. Note his signature line, then go to my public profile. A 100W light bulb should turn on. :smile:

.....started making a loud squaking sound.....

Wayne - I've run Gates, NAPA and Gatorback belts. From my experience, the GB belts are well worth their higher cost. But regardless of belt, you (at least I was) will be amazed how an ever-so-slightly loose belt may or may not squeal, but it will result in lost boost.

Back