• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car not starting!?

I tried to start the car earlier today and it didn't start. I would hear the ignition click and fuel pump prime though. I then checked the diagnostics and pulled up a code 3-4 from the TCS blinking instead of the CEL which was odd. Has anyone had this issue or know what could be the cause? I'm not sure if it's the main relay as I've opened it up and all the solder joints looked solid to me. From what I recall, however, the main relay didn't click at all when I tried to start the car. Could it be the culprit though? Also, my main 120 fuse in the engine bay looks kinda burnt but it isn't broken. :confused: I've checked all my other fuses and they checked fine.

Last edited:
I tried to start the car earlier today and it didn't start. I would hear the ignition click and fuel pump prime though. I then checked the diagnostics and pulled up a code 3-4 from the TCS blinking instead of the CEL which was odd. Has anyone had this issue or know what could be the cause? I'm not sure if it's the main relay as I've opened it up and all the solder joints looked solid to me. From what I recall, however, the main relay didn't click at all when I tried to start the car. Could it be the culprit though? Also, my main 120 fuse in the engine bay looks kinda burnt but it isn't broken. :confused: I've checked all my other fuses and they checked fine.

Did it crank? (Did the starter engage and spin the engine?)

all the connections on the battery are tight. Thought it was my starter that took a dump so I tested it and it tested fine. Battery reads about 11.5 volts on the cluster when not under load.This is frustrating. This is a pic of the corroded 120amp main fuse. It snapped earlier while trying to clean it. Ordered a new one so hopefully that's what's causing it.
2jayiqs.jpg

Last edited:
I'll try cleaning out the contact points on the ignition switch first. If that doesn't help, I'll order a new one.

i had this,it would click and not start,and it turned out to be the starter.i got a remanufactured denso (same supplier as oem) at advance auto for about $200,and it has worked fine for a few years now..

I've cleaned the contact points on the ignition switch and applied di-electric grease. Replaced main relay and main fuse that my friend lent me. Still no start. I'll go get the battery tested right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Battery tested fine. Only thing I can think of is that either the starter solenoid went bad or I have frayed wires when I wire tucked my fuse box.

Took the time to clean out all the starter contacts and inside the starter. Solenoid still looks good, no crack in the wire. Checked the ground behind the battery and it looks fine with no corrosion.

Last edited:
I've cleaned the contact points on the ignition switch and applied di-electric grease. Replaced main relay and main fuse that my friend lent me. Still no start. I'll go get the battery tested right now.

Dielectric grease is a non-conductor so I hope you didn't put it on the ignition switch contact points.

Car started today! Turned out to be a bad ground by the transmission. Cleaned it up with steel wire brush and it started up.

Back