• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car shipping...

hey, i need a good car shipping company, i sold my rx7 and told the guy i would help him figure shipping out, so companies? preferably with online quotes

I guy that bought my s2000 a couple of years ago used FedEx. They bought some big auto shipper several years ago. I think it's called Passport or something like that. He had it shipped from Indiana to Cali for about 2 grand.

I've posted this in a couple other threads...

If you ever need an NSX (or any other car) shipped, I highly recommend Gary Almond. He transported a car for me in 2007, and his service was top notch. He made it from South Florida to Bay Area, CA in 5 days, with door to door service, the car never leaving the trailer. Also provided an update to his progress every 1-2 days.

His prices are quite reasonable for the level of service that he provides.

http://www.almondexotictransports.com/

Hands down (in my 20 years of using shippers) the best is DeMoise.

www.demoise.com

Passport was great until they got bought by FedEd. Prices doubled and service cut in half. :mad:

PLEASE DON'T USE INTERCITY. The suck monkey balls.

Last edited:
Whatever you do stay far far away from the brokers. They will lowball the price to ship and it will go downhill from there. Most of them quote a price too low and then can't find a driver to take the job so your car sits and waits and waits till they find a driver. Then they might jack up the price after it's picked up or they might just drop it a few times as it makes it's way across the country. I've also known people who were promised door to door but once the car was picked up they were informed it would be dropped a few hours away at a drop lot.

hey thanks for the input, i am calling all of them tomorrow for quotes... its going from sc to sd, 1900 miles so i am expecting at least $1200

hey thanks for the input, i am calling all of them tomorrow for quotes... its going from sc to sd, 1900 miles so i am expecting at least $1200

I assume many of them might be hurting these days so don't be afraid to offer less if they are going that way anyways.

Also, I echo what others say about brokers. They are BAD, 99% of the time. They are just order takers so who knows where your car ends up.

And you want enclosed, for sure.

Back