• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

car trailer

Can anyone recommend a good resonably priced ($5k or less) car hauler? I was thinking 18-20 feet, either open or enclosed.

What other accesories would I need that I might not have thought to buy?

Texas Rollback Trailer. Although they will not fit into your budget used, you may be able to find one used.

http://www.texasrollback.net/

This trailer allows our widebody NSX lowered more than an inch and a half to drive on with on with out blocks or extra ramps. The bed slides off the axles by releasing pins. This makes the angle of approach lower than any trailer I have seen.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Can anyone recommend a good resonably priced ($5k or less) car hauler? I was thinking 18-20 feet, either open or enclosed.

What other accesories would I need that I might not have thought to buy?

If your signature shows the tow truck you wont want to get an enclosed to tow behind a tundra. Since I dont know what these cars are worth I would think that safety would be the topic of the day first. The tundra does not have the suspension to tow an enclosed trailer. I have several customers (one in particular) that went to a DUally GMC right after the Tundra and his 20 foot enclosed went off roading in the wind. He even had the sway bars and load control hitch. ANd I HIGHLY recommend those items even if you buy a flat trailer too. They make it so much safer while towing.

I know you all dont know me but trust me on this one. I have had my towing accidents also. even if it was 20 years ago http://mrbuick.com/towing.htm

Thank you both. Safety is more important than cost at this point and a flat-bed like Chris mentioned looks like a good choice. I'll also look into load control hitches and sways.

regards
Randy

Here are some choices I have at the moment:

Aluminum Trailer Company Flatbed 18' aluminum
Pace American Enclosed 20' steel/aluminum
Aluminum Trailer Company Enclosed 20' aluminum

in order of price, lowest to highest ($7k,$7k,~$13k)

Any thoughts?

(Chris, I looked at the Texas Rollback, but I'd need to do 1800 mi round trip to get it. These 3 trailers I can pick up right down the street.)

I purchased my 2007 Haulmark 24 foot enclosed for $5500 from the factory in Centeral Georgia. You can look on ebay and find the companies. Call them and find out what they have in stock.

I hope this helps.

Hello ...........I am looking for a stolen Texas Rollback Trailer. Perhaps you guys can keep a look out for it. The Texas Rollback Plant has burn't down recently and I have heard they are not going to continue building these trailers. I'm going to purchase another from Tenn. dealer. He only has one left. A silver 18 ft with alum. fenders. The only ones available will be used.

Jake that really stinks. Feel for you, as I've had my fishing boat, and our car (not NSX) stolen and it's a low-down feeling. Now to be insulted by the Sheriff and his staff NOT EVEN ENTERING your stolen trailer in NCIC! As you realize, not much hope now of ever locating it......

That said, this quote boggles my feeble brain:

"Manley said that the work environment became "so hostile she felt forced to resign." She said Chastain substantiated "threats of violence and the acts of violence would continue until she quit her employment."

The lawsuit says "The Plaintiff in fear for her own safety and well-being resigned her employment on Oct. 6, 2010."

The causes of action in the lawsuit are listed as interference with employment contract and as intentional infliction of emotional distress/outrage.

The Laurens County Administrator told News 4 that the county does have a policy prohibiting relationships between supervisors and their employees. But because the sheriff is an elected official, that policy really doesn't apply to him.

Chastain's lawyer confirmed that the sheriff was served with the lawsuit late Thursday afternoon. He has advised Chastain to make no further comment.

The attorney representing the woman is still refusing to comment."

This plaintiff is gonna rock the sheriff's wallet :tongue:!

There is one right by my house listed for $1200. It is open and double axle. If you are interested, let me know and I can try and get more details including a picture and a phone number. I am in Dexter MI which is around 4 hours from the western suburbs of Chicago.

Back