• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car wont start?

So for the past month or so my car has had trouble starting. Background: usually in the morning is when it doesnt start but recently its all the time. I have to pop the clutch to start it sometimes. The car has remote start. I've checked the leads on the battery and have tested the battery and everythings normal. I'm getting 14v from it also. When i turn the key i get all power in the car, hear the fuel pump kick on, hear and clicking behing me(ecu i believe) but does not crank. I'f i hear the clicking in the ecu its not my ignition switch correct? Could this be a main relay problem? Any guidance would be great. Thanks prime.

So for the past month or so my car has had trouble starting. Background: usually in the morning is when it doesnt start but recently its all the time. I have to pop the clutch to start it sometimes. The car has remote start. I've checked the leads on the battery and have tested the battery and everythings normal. I'm getting 14v from it also. When i turn the key i get all power in the car, hear the fuel pump kick on, hear and clicking behing me(ecu i believe) but does not crank. I'f i hear the clicking in the ecu its not my ignition switch correct? Could this be a main relay problem? Any guidance would be great. Thanks prime.

Take a look at the service manual, there is a starting relay under the passenage compartment. It was my case, good luck!

Replaced ground wire on the battery today for $5 started right up. Since this problem is intermitent im hoping this is my fix. Next i will try replacing the main relay or start/power relay. Hoping i dont have to change the starter or even worse the ignition switch.

Back