• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caravan from Seattle to Vegas NSXPO!!!

I am starting this thread early, but I think it's better early than later.
It will be a long drive so lots of planning is needed if we are going to get there as a group. I have 4 walkie talkie (headset) radios to spead out for communication.
Any input is welcome!
The Caravan list:

1. NA1/2-R GT (+1)
2. NSX #75 (+1)
3. Fowler (?)
4. your name

For now I can only come up with the meeting location and time:

* Starting out at Westfields' Shopping mall parking lot (south of Bahama Breeze)
* Departing Tuesday 6:30 pm sharp?
It's a 19 hours drive via Idaho or 21 hours drive via northern CA. So somewhere half way there we can stop for rest (hotel). If our goal is to get there Wednesday night then this plan should give us enough time.
*.....???? input

When: Wednesday, Oct. 27-Monday Nov. 1 (*10/27 is early-registration)

Thursday, Oct. 28
Registration
Morning breakfast
Go Karting
Social Dinner
Poker tournament

Friday, Oct. 29
Breakfast
Tech sessions
Lunch
Car show
Dinner

Saturday, Oct. 30
Breakfast
Cars & Coffee meet
Scenic drive
Photo sessions
Lunch
Banquet dinner

Sunday, Oct. 31
HPDE day 1 at Spring Mountain
Breakfast
Scenic drive
Lunch

Monday, Nov. 1
HPDE day 2 at Spring Mountain
Optional guided tours

Definitely in... but somewhat curious of the 6:30pm departure time? I'd rather rack up the miles in the daylight if possible.

Like I stated, this is just to get the ball rolling.
Before 6:30 PM, traffic is just sucked. Or if we leave in the morning (9-11) that means people have to take Tuesday off too. So 6:30 is just to save a day of vacation for everyone.
As far as I know, Arnon and Fowler can leave anytime really.
But looks like only 3 of us on this caravan anyway :)

I will be leaving early am. BUt I am going to Boise to pick up Myron and Brad, and heading down from there. I would inform you all that our drive will be fast and hella fun. I am definately in, but Boise is the first destination for me.:biggrin:

I was also going to leave on Tuesday. Add me in +1. I was going to leave about 4:00PM. Traffic going East on 90 shouldn't be to bad though.

I was also going to leave on Tuesday. Add me in +1. I was going to leave about 4:00PM. Traffic going East on 90 shouldn't be to bad though.

I mean, technically the whole thing doesn't start till Thursday, right? We could leave Wednesday morning at 5am and probably be in Vegas by midnight.

Other options would be to drive to Boise to knock 6 hours off the time and then leave Boise Wednesday morning. I wouldn't mind partying a night over there. (I'm assuming that's what Fowler has in mind)

I'm pretty flexible... I kinda figure I'll just take Tuesday off and leave whenever you guys want... only other consideration is the possibility of weather... there's technically a chance of snow in the passes that time of year...

When do we book hotel rooms/etc?

I don't know about you guys, but I would like to rest before the event on Thursday. So get there on Wednesday midnight is pretty beat up. Still too early to determine exact departure time, that's why we need to hear from everyone.

I don't know about you guys, but I would like to rest before the event on Thursday. So get there on Wednesday midnight is pretty beat up. Still too early to determine exact departure time, that's why we need to hear from everyone.

I guess I'm just a little concerned with driving thru the night. Last time I drove across Nevada in the wee hours of the morning I had to dodge all sorts of wildlife... like antelope, etc. Maybe we could leave earlier on Tuesday and stop somewhere.... do the rest of the trip Wednesday. Even breaking it down to two 10hr days is a lot easier...

Again, I'm probably cool with whatever...

Are any of you guys planning on staying for Sema on Monday after NSXPO? Maybe we can all caravan home also.

The trip to Myron's would be about the perfect mid point between the two days of travel. Is there any place close to his house to stay?

I'm still trying to figure out if I can actually go or not. If so I'll definitely want to caravan, and I vote for the 2 long days of driving in daylight.

Are any of you guys planning on staying for Sema on Monday after NSXPO? Maybe we can all caravan home also.

The trip to Myron's would be about the perfect mid point between the two days of travel. Is there any place close to his house to stay?

Thanks Dan, just when I want to get rid of my car..you started something fun to do :biggrin: Night driving sucks dude, but i'm in(rather do day drive) :) You need real good detector, i will give you mine. Where do you suppose we stay that night?

Brian,
i made 2 trips that route per year, i doubt that we can make Boise that night leaving here at 6:30PM ..may be a few red bulls. i can ask my friend in Tri-Cities to take us in for a night. i will do sema w/you...i'm staying at my friend's house in LV(w/garage). I can stay til Wednesday...on the way back i will split at Tri-cities.

2010 SEMA Show Exhibit Hours
Tuesday, November 2, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 3, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, November 4, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, November 5, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

I thought SEMA was on Monday also.:mad: I may not be staying the extra day for it then.

I can leave earlier to make it halfway and leave with everyone else for the caravan. Whatever everyone else does, I'll probably be in.

No SEMA for me for sure, as I will be toasted by then.
Arnon can lead the way since he knows the route well.
Or maybe Arnon can take charge of the trip planning?;)

Last edited:
FromBoise we are looking at 9 hrs.Its a good drive.

Wow, that seems pretty quick. Looking forward to the trip, whatever we decide.

Just had my car emissions tested/etc. Good for another 2 years.

Heading to Myrons on Tuesday, have 1-35 beverages tuesday night with the Boise boys, head out wed. morning be in vegas by 4-5pm.:biggrin:

Boise does look like a pretty good stopping spot right in the middle.

Heading to Myrons on Tuesday, have 1-35 beverages tuesday night with the Boise boys, head out wed. morning be in vegas by 4-5pm.:biggrin:

Sounds perfect to me. Got a extra spot on the floor for me to crash?

How many of you are driving alone? My friend that was supposed to come with me just told me that he can't go due to his new job not allowing any vacations for a while. That seems like a lot of driving by myself. Between that and my wife being about to have a baby I'm not sure if i'm going to be able to go. I *really* want to though. I doubt I'll get a better chance to go to NSXPO any time soon either. :frown:

Unfortuneatly this is a trip of survival. I can only be responsible for myself, and sometimes that can be difficult. Solo brother, everyone should go Solo.:biggrin:

I've never driven more than 4 hours at a time. I cant imagine driving 19 hours. Sounds like fun but ill have to think about it.

I drove 23hrs straight from Buffalo to Boulder, CO... it's not that bad. 10hr stints should be easy. Get the Ipod hookup on your car... or Coke (powder or liquid) is really all you need. :biggrin::wink:

Unfortuneatly this is a trip of survival. I can only be responsible for myself, and sometimes that can be difficult. Solo brother, everyone should go Solo.:biggrin:

It would be nice to split the cost of gas and hotel with someone though.. and have someone else to drive for a while :cool: and I'm sure my wife would appreciate having someone else she knows with me when I'm in Vegas without her. :tongue:

What day are you guys planning to head back?
I wanted to stay for SEMA but I don't think that's going to happen.

Back