• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon 6 Release: XP Tie Rod

Have received my Tie Rods.
They look absolutely beautiful.

I do have one question though. I bought the set with teh rubber boots.
My question is now, do I need to put GREASE inside the boots when having these mounted. And if so, what kind of grease should be used.

Or are these boots just for keeping dirt and grime out of the joint??

Thank in advance.

Have received my Tie Rods.
They look absolutely beautiful.

I do have one question though. I bought the set with teh rubber boots.
My question is now, do I need to put GREASE inside the boots when having these mounted. And if so, what kind of grease should be used.

Or are these boots just for keeping dirt and grime out of the joint??

Thank in advance.

The boots can be put on after the tie rods are installed. It will be a little tight but they do go on.
I would recommend used a standard bearing grease. Just a light amount on the ball of the joint is all that is needed.
The boots are mainly to keep dirt out of the joint not to retain a large amount of grease. The joints only need a small amount of grease to perform at there best.

I hope that helps.

The boots can be put on after the tie rods are installed. It will be a little tight but they do go on.
I would recommend used a standard bearing grease. Just a light amount on the ball of the joint is all that is needed.
The boots are mainly to keep dirt out of the joint not to retain a large amount of grease. The joints only need a small amount of grease to perform at there best.

I hope that helps.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your quick reply and the information.
Now I know what to tell my mechanic what to do this weekend.

I currently have 3 sets of Tie rods (with boot kits) ready to ship.
Please PM me with interests.

Jeff

I do have a few sets available in stock

19001.jpg

I have a couple sets of XP Tie Rods in stock and ready to ship.
Please PM me with interests.

Jeff

Wow , that was fast. Sold out!
Looks like we need to put those and the clamps back in production. I will update as they become available.

Jeff

These are now in stock and ready to ship
For those interested, Please PM me your email address and postal code. I will send you over an itemized paypal invoice to review.

19001.jpg

Last edited:
Have had these on the car for two track days and about 500 miles street driving.....everything is where it should be.:wink:

Have had these on the car for two track days and about 500 miles street driving.....everything is where it should be.:wink:

Great, Good to here. Based on testing and material spec', these should hold up to 2x(+) the lateral load that the oem ones do.
I like to here the feedback though. Reinforces the fact we are on the right track.... More suspension components to come ;)

Great, Good to here. Based on testing and material spec', these should hold up to 2x(+) the lateral load that the oem ones do.
I like to here the feedback though. Reinforces the fact we are on the right track.... More suspension components to come ;)
Any info on 'more to come' I have installed your other parts and they have/are performing superbly on track so curious to know what maybe next

We are developing a full ball joint package that is a direct replacement for the OEM suspension. We have been modeling and testing these for some time now. The new joints will be full "mono-ball" with no plastic liners like the OEM and other aftermarket replacements ones are. This creates a much tighter feel. It also increases the life of the part. Plus they are internally serviceable. Our early models were showing a lateral load capacity more than 5x the original OEM. We have sense changed our design slightly and are now testing to see if we can partially or completely correct the rolling center issue and the correction of bump steer for lowered cars.

Back