• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon 6: Super GT Mirror

You guys are relentless. Practically twisting his arm to make more mirrors yet he's commented no fewer than 4 times I see that he's no longer making them.
If you want him to continue making cool stuff, leave the man in peace.
And if you want an aero mirror that is available, get Spoon.

Well hell, I'm gonna keep arm twisting. :D. All he can is have a restraining order put on me.:cool:

Last edited:
Just to clarify, There will be no more mirrors made in this exact iteration. I made a promise to those that originally ordered them there would be only 12 sets made. There is only 12 sets and 1 Prototype (my car) in existence.
I have explored doing a slightly larger housing, proximity warning integration (for widebody cars) and/or making them from other hybrid materials. As of right now I do not have a confirmation of if or when I will do another run.

I am current working on an amazing suspension upgrade and geometry correction set up. We also just moved into a much larger shop and set up a huge Autoclave and tooling CNC router. That has been taking all my free time.

Again, I appreciate all the interest in the Super GT Mirror. While I don't want to flat out say there will never be anymore produced by Carbon 6, I don't have any plans at this time to make any more or revisions of them.

Someone put Jeff in prison before he drains all our wallets.

Unfortuntaly the spoon is not carbon, nor power, nor heated. And it is still $900, for what is essentially a fiberglass shell and a piece of glass. I do love its shape but its rather pricey. The Carbon 6 is even more pricey, but it is a product on a whole other level. That's just my opinion. Not trying to put the spoon down. If this is $1800, the spoon should be $500-600. At that price I would buy a set.

I couldn't agree more with this. Since spoon is my only option, spoon it is.

Look forward to see more products coming from carbon 6.

Great news!!!!!!!:d

Your telling us this is great news is like a mosquito telling other mosquitos "great news I found a really cool blue light"

Your telling us this is great news is like a mosquito telling other mosquitos "great news I found a really cool blue light"

Hey, gotta stay optimistic. He said it was a possibilty! Thats the last thing my cars needs and im set. Well until somebody makes something else.:smile:

This sounds like a shameless plug for a Spoon vendor.:cool:
You guys are relentless. Practically twisting his arm to make more mirrors yet he's commented no fewer than 4 times I see that he's no longer making them.

Not shameless, just the truth. I keep seeing all the comments about the discontinued mirrors and each time carbon6 has to keep telling everyone they are no longer produced, then you guys go ahead and start your own production list as if he somehow changed his mind in the last year. I'm sure he's quite annoyed with all the pushing…at least I would be.

Not shameless, just the truth. I keep seeing all the comments about the discontinued mirrors and each time carbon6 has to keep telling everyone they are no longer produced, then you guys go ahead and start your own production list as if he somehow changed his mind in the last year. I'm sure he's quite annoyed with all the pushing…at least I would be.

It's not annoying, it shows that quality work made by an individual is appreciated and there's a strong support within the community. I know when asked repeatedly to make particular parts over and over again it does surge a braincell that I could make more but I do not as well. It's nice to know when you make an item with your own hands that people desire that part still "I know Jeff makes his parts himself" so the pride's there too when people appreciate things.

The way I see if I don't see anything wrong with people asking. He hasn't flat out said no so that's going to leave the door open for people to keep asking. I'm sure he knows this otherwise he would have just said no by now. If he does bring them back probably won't be for the foreseeable future. There's plenty of vendors that can get those spoon mirrors, obviously there's an abundance of people who don't want them and are willing to wait for carbon 6. I'm pretty sure he's not losing any sleep by what goes on in this thread. I just laugh everytime another name gets added to the list like we're any closer to him making them. But I don't knock anyone for trying.

I added you to the list!!

1-Venom2049
2-Rogerd
3-Ko-nsx
4-NSXRAY1
5-hondasash
6-ROLZ
7-JCPDS3
8-AZNSX001
9-NSX1145

I'm new to the NSX world (2 months and counting) so I didn't get the chance on the first run. And as to leaving him in peace, the man has great product and imo, the only mirror available that keeps with lines and flow of the X. Spoon's look like crap and don't have all the relevant functions so to me they're inferior. I don't really care what the cost is, I just want some of these mirrors.

Seems if people really want such a product, why not make them yourself? Yea, it would be a challenge, but the outcome may just be like the mirrors Jeff made. They are a work of art.

Seems if people really want such a product, why not make them yourself? Yea, it would be a challenge, but the outcome may just be like the mirrors Jeff made. They are a work of art.

I imagine there's some sort of proprietary IP on someone's product and thus copying may not be in the cards, especially since one of the selling points, as I read it, was the exclusivity of there only being 12 units. That said, and as a businessman myself, if folks are throwing money at me....................

There are CF vendors producing center consoles, arm rest, hoods, trunks, and a a number of other parts for the NSX. That said, making CF parts is an science and art. I bet Honda is faltered people have such a big interest in their produces.

I am current working on an amazing suspension upgrade and geometry correction set up. We also just moved into a much larger shop and set up a huge Autoclave and tooling CNC router. That has been taking all my free time.

I am more interested in what this means than any mirrors

I'll put my name down- these things are amazing. I should be able to afford them by the time they are made.

I know this is an imaginary list for a product that may never get produced, but I don't think NSX1145 is actually interested seeing as he is a Spoon vendor and all. Perhaps he'll confirm that for us.

If so, that makes me number 10!

1-Venom2049
2-Rogerd
3-Ko-nsx
4-NSXRAY1
5-hondasash
6-ROLZ
7-JCPDS3
8-AZNSX001
9-NSX1145
10-NSXTC-MN
11- Mr. Fuji

4ae9a4afe6719598cd5172774ee19a76.jpg

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, why don't you guys offer to buy these mirrors off of someone who already owns them? It seems like it would be easier to purchase a set that's already out there then to continuously beg Jeff to do something he's already sworn not to do.

Back