• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon fiber roof for 2019

My 2019 does not have the carbon fiber roof, and I very much like the look of them. Can they be purchased from Acura, and retrofitted? Or are there any high-quality aftermarket options?

And a related question: What all was included in the exterior carbon fiber package option?

Thanks!

- Russ

It would be easier to sell your car and get fully loaded one.
Panel, Roof (XM)(Cfrp)
74311-T6N-B20
Acura
Acura

MSRP $12,360.69
$8,528.87
ADD TO CART

Actually $8 grand for an entire carbon fibre roof isn't bad at all, considering people are paying $10 grand for carbon fibre of just the central dash portion (close to $20 grand for most of the interior). Not sure how much labour would be involved in changing the roof though.

FWIW, I didn't like the stock NC1 gloss black painted roof. Too hard to maintain without swirls etc. Also my 2018 NC1 has the carbon fiber rear spoiler that's matte carbon. I was able to find a wrap that was very similar to the spoiler; black carbon fiber matte, and the cost for the wrap was $400 installed. I like the match and overall look much better.

if I remember correctly there was a time during it production run that the carbon roof was not available they said due to supply chain issues. like the members offered it seems not such a far fetched price for the roof and clueless on labor to install ? I would imagine many others have wrapped theirs to give the carbon appearance for more cost effective way. good luck in your quest and please share your photos of which ever way your proceed

FWIW, I didn't like the stock NC1 gloss black painted roof. Too hard to maintain without swirls etc. Also my 2018 NC1 has the carbon fiber rear spoiler that's matte carbon. I was able to find a wrap that was very similar to the spoiler; black carbon fiber matte, and the cost for the wrap was $400 installed. I like the match and overall look much better.
I was also thinking about wrapping the roof due to swirls etc. I am also in the Chicagoland area - can you share the name of shop you used to wrap the roof? Thanks!

The place I used was 4K Automotive Solutions. They had a matte carbon wrap and they did an excellent job working around my "shark fin" XM radio appendage. They are a very small shop (husband and wife) located in the western suburbs. 725 N Princeton Ave., Unit B., Villa Park, IL 630-287-0140 Irving Hernandez. The only negative about the shop I found was the work I had done took longer than expected and he wasn't great about letting me know about delays. But I did have quite a bit of work done there.

The place I used was 4K Automotive Solutions. They had a matte carbon wrap and they did an excellent job working around my "shark fin" XM radio appendage. They are a very small shop (husband and wife) located in the western suburbs. 725 N Princeton Ave., Unit B., Villa Park, IL 630-287-0140 Irving Hernandez. The only negative about the shop I found was the work I had done took longer than expected and he wasn't great about letting me know about delays. But I did have quite a bit of work done there.
Awesome - thanks so much for sharing. Would love to see some pictures if you have some available? Did it take more than a day to complete?

I'll try and take some photos this w/e. I don't think it would take long but can't be sure. I had red pinstripes put on the front edge of my front spoiler, side skirts, rear lower strakes, wrapped the roof in the carbon fiber wrap, the upper of my side mirrors in red to match the red calipers and ppf on the front, hood and fenders. That took quite a while overall and no way to split the time out.

I took some photos of my roof sbkim. I'm not sure how to download photos to this site. sbkim, if you can dm me your cell number, I can text you the photos attached to my text. Note that the matte finish wrap has a slight texture to it; like tiny ribs. You have to touch the wrap to notice them. It's pretty easy to keep clean and most importantly swirl free. I don't think the gloss wrap had that texture. I went with matte because it nearly matched my rear spoiler exactly except for the texture.

I took some photos of my roof sbkim. I'm not sure how to download photos to this site. sbkim, if you can dm me your cell number, I can text you the photos attached to my text. Note that the matte finish wrap has a slight texture to it; like tiny ribs. You have to touch the wrap to notice them. It's pretty easy to keep clean and most importantly swirl free. I don't think the gloss wrap had that texture. I went with matte because it nearly matched my rear spoiler exactly except for the texture.
Sounds good, thanks - just sent dm.

At least on my desktop using Chrome, it looks like you can just drag and drop pictures directly where you type and it attaches automatically.

Carbon 6. Driving to his shop to have him install it since my dealership and local body shops are too scared to do so.

Just got a response from Carbon 6:

"The roof is bonded on with adhesive from the factory. The roof would need to be removed as well as the windshield to install the new roof. Then the windshield re-installed."

Just got a response from Carbon 6:

"The roof is bonded on with adhesive from the factory. The roof would need to be removed as well as the windshield to install the new roof. Then the windshield re-installed."
Yep. It's a process. Told me it would take him a few days to do it right and coordinate with the windshield people.

It would be easier to sell your car and get fully loaded one.
Panel, Roof (XM)(Cfrp)
74311-T6N-B20
Acura
Acura

MSRP $12,360.69
$8,528.87
ADD TO CART
Here you go, make an offer on this roof and you will have the real thing. eBay $4995 or best offer.

In my search for a car in 2017, the car I eventually bought had the carbon fiber roof. A $6000 option.... Not really wanting all that CF added cost, I swallowed hard and bought the car. When I got it, the first thing I thought was how amazing the CF top was.... Never thought twice about the cost after that, and now hearing how expensive and labor intensive putting on an aftermarket roof is, I appreciate my factory one all the more. Now, I can't imagine the car without it!! And yes, there were a couple years during covid where the CF roofs were unavailable. Good luck, and hope that your roof mod goes well....

Back