• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon 6: Super GT Mirror

waiting on for pics on non widebody :).

B@t™
The scale is close in proportion to the Spoon mirror except they are a little deeper and taller to "fit" the longer wheel base of an NSX. I used both the Spoon and Dome mirror to create the final dimensions.

b2701b2899e25fe390656634acc47fa0_large.jpg

kinda would look like this imo on a non widebody until we get actual pics

Final assembly on the first 2 pair today.
Here are some pictures. Clear topcoat on left, smoked on right. (Housings still need to be buffed out)

MR15.jpg

MR16.jpg

MR17.jpg

I will get some pictures on a non-widebody soon...

Amazing product. Attention to detail is second to none.
Very nice work.

As the first sets have been shipped, I'd like to update installation information.

please refer to page(s) 20-6 and 23-252 in the online service manual for door panel removal and mirror removal.
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/1991_svcman/1991servman.pdf

Do not attempt to remove any or part of the oem mirror from the outside. The entire mirror assembly is removed by 2 nuts on the inside of the door (see page 23-252 in service manual) and the new mirror installs in the reverse. It is helpful to have an extra pair of hands to hold the mirror while you are loosening the nuts from the inside of the door and also when re-installing.

You will need to swap the metal harness bracket from the OEM plug to the new mirrors. There is a small release clip on the plug that lets you slide it out. Sense the new mirror harness uses the same plug, it will reinstall the same way it was removed. This bracket is important to keep the wires out of the door windows way.

DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE NUTS when replacing them on the new mirrors. The spec is ~7 foot pounds. Because the new mirrors are composite (carbon fiber) it will damage the housing if they are to tight.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly.

Synth19 is going to get some pictures of his on his car (non-widebody). I did not have a "donor" car handy to take any pictures myself.

Starting second group today.

Wow Synth..... the profile in your picture really shows how nice it looks. Damn, I just can't justify the 2K pricetag :frown:

The mirrors and your car look absolutely fantastic. IMHO a black roof would tie the mirrors and wing together for a more unified look, which would be incredible. But I'm sort of stuck in the '90s.:smile:

I LOVE, and I mean LOVE these mirrors. I wasn't 100% sure if I would like them.. but after they went on...... :eek: Here is a quick and dirty shot, sorry for the bad photo

NSX on Advan Model 5's by synth19, on Flickr

Carbon 6: Super GT Mirror by synth19, on Flickr

I LOVE, and I mean LOVE these mirrors. I wasn't 100% sure if I would like them.. but after they went on...... :eek: Here is a quick and dirty shot, sorry for the bad photo

NSX on Advan Model 5's by synth19, on Flickr

Absolutely stunning looking NSX, I also think the black roof would complete the look

I don't necessarily think you need a black roof to pull these off. I considered it prior to installation, but happy with how things look. The base is already black, not to mention the tie-in to the spoiler and front lip.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Your car looks fantastic before these mirrors anyways! :biggrin:
Does compliment the rear wing. imo. Thanks for the picture post!

What finish is yours synth? Looks black also are the wheels 17/18 and lastly how you like the new front lip :smile:

What finish is yours synth? Looks black also are the wheels 17/18 and lastly how you like the new front lip :smile:

The are the "smoked" CF. The lighting makes them look black, but they are a dead-on match with the downforce CF smoked spoiler. The CF weave is damn impressive in person. Major props to Jeff!

Wheels are 17/18...

Lip, diggin it!

Back