• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber NSX-R Hood Done!

NSXsan,

A couple of questions:
- Which side is the top?
- Which side faces the front of the car/towards the radiator output?
- Do you have another picture as it sits in the car?

Thanks.

SuperSpeed said:
NSXsan,

A couple of questions:
- Which side is the top?
- Which side faces the front of the car/towards the radiator output?
- Do you have another picture as it sits in the car?

Thanks.

- the wider one is the top
- as on the pic thats the face side

cheers

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,479
Last edited:
VBNSX said:
Just been schooled.. neat..

ok.. soo... where can we find that scoop?

thanks a bunch,
x

Back Yard sells the scoop for about $285...still think it is for RHD :(

nsxsrd.jpg

More info here

95Mr2Turbo said:
It's the other hood we sell. Because of the poor lighting, I wasn't able to get a picture on this specific hood, but I used that picture because the gap is the same.

My apologies, I didn't read the caption completely.

Nice Product!

95Mr2Turbo said:
Thanks for the kind words! You're welcome to come have a look in person if you're in the area. As per your fitment questions:
Left arrow: a few mm wider gap than stock from the fender. Sits at exactly the right height.
Right arrow: a factory fit as far as gap goes. The carbon fiber hood sits a little bit higher than stock exactly where the arrow is pointing, but it's barely noticeable.
Hope that answers your questions.

James

I will likely paint it if I purchase one. Will the surface finish be as good as OEM or will it likely look wavy?

Fiberglass? Feel akward painting cf...

x

Have you started any development on a 02+ type hood? If so when will these be available... if not will it be a long wait?
thanks

Hi everyone. "The waiting is the hardest part" in the words of Tom Petty... In the meantime, i'll field some of these posts:

All: If you want a hood, I need a $100 deposit. Easiest way to do this is to Paypal me ([email protected]), or call to use credit card (626.968.5608).

Regarding the wing: We're working on it and I promise to post info on this item as soon as I have it!

02+ Hood: We are just now starting development - will keep posted!

icefire: Will do!

95Mr2Turbo said:
Hi everyone. "The waiting is the hardest part" in the words of Tom Petty... In the meantime, i'll field some of these posts:

All: If you want a hood, I need a $100 deposit. Easiest way to do this is to Paypal me ([email protected]), or call to use credit card (626.968.5608).

Regarding the wing: We're working on it and I promise to post info on this item as soon as I have it!

02+ Hood: We are just now starting development - will keep posted!

icefire: Will do!

In CF and/or fiberglass :confused:

Also, any planned price for the 02+ hood?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking below, but the '02+ will be in carbon fiber only. As per the price, as stated above, I don't see any reason they'll cost anything more to make than the 1991-2001 hoods. I'll try to get some outside pics, but it's tough as someone now owns the hood you see in the pictures.

James

1TITENSX said:
In CF and/or fiberglass :confused:

Also, any planned price for the 02+ hood?

95Mr2Turbo said:
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking below, but the '02+ will be in carbon fiber only. As per the price, as stated above, I don't see any reason they'll cost anything more to make than the 1991-2001 hoods. I'll try to get some outside pics, but it's tough as someone now owns the hood you see in the pictures.

James

With the thread running two pages long, all other info needs to follow along and be consistent. Guess that is why I missed it.

That's good to know that the 02+ hood will be about the same price. Keep us posted. Also, I hope the ownee of the hood posts some pics so we can see that fitment in the sunlight. Keep up the good work :cool:

95Mr2Turbo said:
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking below, but the '02+ will be in carbon fiber only...

So what's up w/ fiberglass? (91-01) (I'm persistant I know)...

x

Wow, how did I miss this thread. I'm very interested but would like to hear from people who've bought one about fitment and quality. FWIW, I'd be getting both the hood, scoop, and rear LED NSX-R wing at comparable prices.

I've asked the question before, but I wanted reiterate it just in case I'm not too late for a modification / update to the mold / process.

I noticed that the hood scoop is not as deep as the OEM type R hood by quite a bit... about 3 or more inches. Is it possible to make it more accurate or is the current version the final version. This and any fittment issues would be my only reservation before purchasing one. Thanks.

Last edited:
I've FINALLY got some daytime pics! Thank you Jimmy for making this possible, and more importantly for actually knowing how to use a camera!

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

lithimus: Hopefully the above pictures can give a more accurate view of how the hood fits (as opposed to my earlier pathetic attempts at photography in low light). As far as making the scoop deeper, we feel like it may be a better option to simply offer an additional scoop, so as not to steer away potential customers wanting to keep the spare tire.

Wow That looks good!
Can't wait for mine!

Your hood looks awesome. You did a great job.
Please let me know when you are ready with the NA2 hood.

Best regards from Germany

in the picture there is a ViS packaging surrounding the hood - is this manufacturered by ViS? Who manufactures it and does it feature the UV protection - so it does not fade, high gloss finish, and no waves or imperfections as far as the weave?

* also were these pics happen to be taken at DP Engineering aka EF1 Motorsports shop in Signal Hill?

JDM NSX said:
in the picture there is a ViS packaging surrounding the hood - is this manufacturered by ViS? Who manufactures it and does it feature the UV protection - so it does not fade, high gloss finish, and no waves or imperfections as far as the weave?

* also were these pics happen to be taken at DP Engineering aka EF1 Motorsports shop in Signal Hill?

Good eyes. Yes, Fabrizio stayed up late to help us out at EF1 :) Great place to have work done, too. Ethically solid group of guys.

The hoods are made for us by ViS, and are Grade A carbon fiber, which does feature the UV protection. There are no imperfections in the weave.

Back