• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber NSX-R Hood Done!

95Mr2Turbo said:
Good eyes. Yes, Fabrizio stayed up late to help us out at EF1 :) Great place to have work done, too. Ethically solid group of guys.

The hoods are made for us by ViS, and are Grade A carbon fiber, which does feature the UV protection. There are no imperfections in the weave.

Yea I met Brent at EF1, really nice guy. Thanks for answering the questions, really paranoid when it comes to exterior modifications.

95Mr2Turbo said:
The fitment is a tad tighter (better around the fenders) than the Backyard Special replica we offer. The gap between the hood and the headlights is slightly larger than stock, but this can be expected of almost any aftermarket hood.

What does this say about body kits in general? That poor fitment is to be expected?

Any developement on the NSX-R wing with LED ?

Would like to order the hood and wing together to save some shipping cost.

My Widebody by Sorcery and Taitec fitment was close to perfect the shop says probably the best kit they've seen.

Can't wait for my CF boot and bonnet !

95Mr2Turbo said:
yes. It would be something close to miraculous to find a bodykit that fits like an Acura piece does.

Hahaha!!! Nice one. I guess if you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself or live with what's out there if you can't.

Here are some pictures on Michael's beautiful white '93 (thanks Michael). The hood fit better than we could have imagined! :biggrin:
Michael02.jpg

Michael03.jpg

Michael04.jpg

Michael05.jpg

Michael07.jpg

Michael08.jpg

Michael09.jpg

Michael12.jpg

Michael13.jpg

James, I thought I bought a 2002 R hood from another source, but it looks like that deal has gone south :confused: I am in need of a 2002 R hood asap. What is your schedule for the first 2002 hood? I would be happy to send a pre-payment.

Very nice indeed, especially since it also clears the spare :smile:

Now here is a trick question: Will the hood cut into the headlight cover when the headlight is up, or there is enough clearance? Have you tested closing ther hood with headlights up? Make sure you check the passenger side for clearance in the above pic before doing this. On the OEM, there is almost no room for error.

Hi HRANT,

I am the owner of the White 93 NSX in the pictures that James posted. If you have any other questions about the parts in general, I'll try to answer them for you as well.

During the installation of the hood and headlight covers, we continuously opened and closed the hood during the installation process because we were trying to make sure that the hood was aligned properly. The hood clears the headlight covers (up or down) without any issues, and the fitment is great. I am pretty anal about fitment and was pleased with the outcome.

Since installation last Saturday, I have gotten alot of compliments on the hood/headlight cover combo, and it's overall look and quality. I even had people taking cell phone pics of it on the road at stoplights. It's definitely a unique look to update the appearance of the older NSXes. I'd recommend this modification because you get alot for what you pay for...

Thanks James.
-Michael.

FlightNSX said:
Since installation last Saturday, I have gotten alot of compliments on the hood/headlight cover combo, and it's overall look and quality. I even had people taking cell phone pics of it on the road at stoplights. It's definitely a unique look to update the appearance of the older NSXes. I'd recommend this modification because you get alot for what you pay for...
Hey Michael

Can you come to the CalCoastal meeting this Thursday 4-21-05? We'd love to see your car in person!

Last edited:
95Mr2Turbo said:
SoCalDude: I'll get this thing on a scale asap.
Did you ever get the chance to weigh it? Still interested in seeing how much weight savings there will be, thanks.

Also, how difficult is it to bolt on? Are the holes already drilled, etc.?<br>

oops I swore I posted the weight. It checks in right about a pound lighter than the stock hood, at 16lbs. It really is tough to beat the stock aluminum piece!

All the holes, etc. are pre drilled. It's a bolt - on affair.

James

SoCalDude said:
Did you ever get the chance to weigh it? Still interested in seeing how much weight savings there will be, thanks.

Also, how difficult is it to bolt on? Are the holes already drilled, etc.?<br>

Hi Gene,

I was actually thinking of making it to the meet, but I have a friend that is leaving LA to move to Maryland, and I may have to meet up with him tomorrow. If that falls through, I will def be at the meet so that you guys can get a good look at the hood.

But I can't promise anything. :(

I'd be happy to meet up with you some other time if the meeting plans fall through. Just let me know. :)

-Michael.

FlightNSX said:
Hi Gene,
I'd be happy to meet up with you some other time if the meeting plans fall through. Just let me know. :)

Great. Hope to see you there but in case we don't, where in the LA area are you?

Looks Awesome!
James- I'm overseas so no access to my email is my hood and bonnet shipped yet ??

Just installed one of James' VIS NSR-R carbon fiber hoods on my 93........overall, I'm pleased. Fitment is just slightly off OEM but not noticeable unless you really scrutinize it.....finish is extremely good and the overall look is excellent. Windshield spray nozzle holes had to be worked on using a small file, but it only took about 15 minutes. It doesn't appear to have provisions for the nozzle hose clips underneath. James was pleasant to work with and shipping arrangements were great. Great value!

nsxpilot said:
Just installed one of James' VIS NSR-R carbon fiber hoods on my 93........overall, I'm pleased. Fitment is just slightly off OEM but not noticeable unless you really scrutinize it.....finish is extremely good and the overall look is excellent. Windshield spray nozzle holes had to be worked on using a small file, but it only took about 15 minutes. It doesn't appear to have provisions for the nozzle hose clips underneath. James was pleasant to work with and shipping arrangements were great. Great value!

did you opt for the hood pins?

Just got mine!
Fitment went well and we fit it on DIY with another prime member first go. I had a similar story with flightnsx in terms of gap with headlight covers one was perfect and the other a slightly larger gap.
Overall very happy. Only one mod needed and that was with the stalk to hold the bonnet up I needed to make the hole bigger.
Shipping and packaging top notch!

Back