• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber Wrap now available

I'm relatively down the street from you. Are you going to bring your X down for the next SGV meet? I'd love to see this in person. I'm not sure which CF-like material this is since i saw a dozen or more variants @ SEMA this year. I even got various samples but not enough to cover more than a couple switch panels.

For the price i'm interested to try it out... a few questions though.
1. How does this stick in high heat situations. It can get over 110* in the cabin and i would hate for this to delaminate. It seems breathable so maybe it will be ok?
2. I'd like to see closer pictures of the corners on your center console. Can't quite tell from the pics too well. perhaps i'm just blind. (maybe i can see in person if you come out to an SGV meet?)
3. This is my most important question. Since if i'm going to try anything i'd like for the process to be reversible if I screw up. I'm getting ready to do my center console for a head unit and also my OEM panels are starting to show their age so i'd like to rewrap my panels but it's got to be NSX quality or else i'd rather live with the aged OEM look. My long winded question is... how strong is the adhesive on this? Will this delaminate paint if for some reason this needs to come off? Will it leave a nasty residue or are we talking "blue painter's tape" safe?

I know you may not have answers to all this but any bit can help.
[FONT=verdana,geneva]HOLIDAY SPECIAL! :biggrin::biggrin:[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]C[/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva]arbon Wrap 1 Yard[/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva] [SIZE=+0]55" [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva][SIZE=+0]Wide x 36" Length[/SIZE][/FONT]

All our carbon wrap exceed 55" wide and 36" length per yard by 2" to ensure you get the most yards of your money. Right now for this holiday season we are discounting our wraps to 30.00 for 1 yard! that's 4.00 off regular price to make way for our new shipment for 2010! Supply is limited so get them while you can before 2010.

Plus if you order more you will be able to save more!!

http://www.destronsgarage.com/carbon_wrap

Come and check out the new pictures of our BMW and Honda CBR! :biggrin:

sure np i was going to bring it down to the last sgv meet but i totally missed it cuz of school but ill be sure to drop by this time! and we the bmw on my website in SEMA also. What i use is 3m super 77 as long as u let it cure for 3days or so it should stick pretty well. If u have any parts u wanna do when im down there let me know ill see what will be the best way to do it also.

I'm relatively down the street from you. Are you going to bring your X down for the next SGV meet? I'd love to see this in person. I'm not sure which CF-like material this is since i saw a dozen or more variants @ SEMA this year. I even got various samples but not enough to cover more than a couple switch panels.

For the price i'm interested to try it out... a few questions though.
1. How does this stick in high heat situations. It can get over 110* in the cabin and i would hate for this to delaminate. It seems breathable so maybe it will be ok?
2. I'd like to see closer pictures of the corners on your center console. Can't quite tell from the pics too well. perhaps i'm just blind. (maybe i can see in person if you come out to an SGV meet?)
3. This is my most important question. Since if i'm going to try anything i'd like for the process to be reversible if I screw up. I'm getting ready to do my center console for a head unit and also my OEM panels are starting to show their age so i'd like to rewrap my panels but it's got to be NSX quality or else i'd rather live with the aged OEM look. My long winded question is... how strong is the adhesive on this? Will this delaminate paint if for some reason this needs to come off? Will it leave a nasty residue or are we talking "blue painter's tape" safe?

I know you may not have answers to all this but any bit can help.

Last edited:
ah! now i understand. i thought you were using a fabric/vinyl wrap that had an adhesive backing for some reason. with any of this type of wrapping you have to balance the amount of "stretch" and applied glue on the product. you don't want too much or too little glue and you don't want to much or too little stretch. not to mention some fabrics/vinyl tries to go back to it's original shape once it's cured. I'm really curious how yours turns out after some sun-baking time since i need to start thinking about my interior switch panels.

btw... it seems that Super 77 is what's being used out there for this but the jury is still out for me on how this will handle high heat situations. Super 77 is designed to withstand only 110* deg according to this chart. Have you tried #78?

glue_info.jpg

ah! now i understand. i thought you were using a fabric/vinyl wrap that had an adhesive backing for some reason. with any of this type of wrapping you have to balance the amount of "stretch" and applied glue on the product. you don't want too much or too little glue and you don't want to much or too little stretch. not to mention some fabrics/vinyl tries to go back to it's original shape once it's cured. I'm really curious how yours turns out after some sun-baking time since i need to start thinking about my interior switch panels.

btw... it seems that Super 77 is what's being used out there for this but the jury is still out for me on how this will handle high heat situations. Super 77 is designed to withstand only 110* deg according to this chart. Have you tried #78?

glue_info.jpg

So , it looks like 3m 80 then. I have seen it at home depot.

in some areas where the theres a lot of heat u can also use 3m 90 which works just as well which i have been using just 77 is good to start off with since it doesn't grab on as hard when ur learning thats all.:biggrin:
So , it looks like 3m 80 then. I have seen it at home depot.

new pictures of different items that can be also wrap! :biggrin:

Attachments

• sonal_4.925805_large.jpg
    sonal_4.925805_large.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3541.504502_large.jpg
    IMG_3541.504502_large.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 106
  • iforged_004.289213127_large.jpg
    iforged_004.289213127_large.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC03548.334143757_large.jpg
    DSC03548.334143757_large.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    3.4 KB · Views: 93
Looks like this is most commonly used on interior parts. Could it be used to cover an exterior body panel? Hood? Would it stand up to UV?

its mainly used for internal parts and interior ive done a few side skirts also which worked perfect, but it really depends if you keep ur car outside under the sun a lot or not but i recommend just keeping it in interior to be safe. :biggrin: Also we do have a few pictures with side skirt of a WRX that we did so you can have an idea of how it would be done.

Looks like this is most commonly used on interior parts. Could it be used to cover an exterior body panel? Hood? Would it stand up to UV?

Back