• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fibre Repair

jmp

Experienced Member
I have a carbon fibre engine cover with a 2 inch single-line scratch. Anyone have pics and/or description on the steps necessary for repairing? Thanks.

I work on c/f aircraft and it can be a simple repair or a long drawn out process depending on material, location, size...
A simple crack can be temporally band aid repaired with a few dabs of clear fingernail polish until you get the info and supplies to do a proper repair to keep water / moisture / dirt from getting in and making it any worse.

Cheers
nigel

Thanks guys. The scratch is very very shallow. it is a single curvey line that extends for about 2" +/-. It is approximately 1" away from the plexiglass portion of the engine cover. Thoughts? Thanks.

Nigel
Depending on his crack or scratch gouge...can he take clear epoxy resin fill in and wet sand out?
I bought some clr clear epoxy resin on ebay and the stuff is awesome and really really clear. If its gouged
I would just clean the area real well with some product. Mix up some clear epoxy resin pour it in the crack
And depending on the crack or if its a scratch spread the part or bend it to get the resin in...let it set up
Knock it down with some 500 grit and finish it of with a 1500 or 2000 wet sand. I don't know if that's the
Correct way? But that's how I would go about it? Nigel chime in bro

Bill

Back