• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carfax JH4NA1155M1000226

also wanted to see if anyone had any CARFAX info in this number:

VIN JH4NA1155M1000226

I actually drove this car last week and it was pretty clean. It was one of those little indie dealers in town where they occasionly have a decent car on the lot. It seemed decent to drive but I am not sure what the clutch is supposed to feel like. I drove it and it felt solid. The interior is in great shape and the paint is 7/10

Has 84k miles and that kind of worries me. price is incredible, they are asking $21k for it!! If you guys say its ok and carfax has no problems with it then im gonna go get it if its still there this week.

matt

Ojas said:
Here you go: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26039

Quick tip for the new guy: You can use the forum's search to find info on a VIN. Just click the search button and enter the VIN in the search field. :)

Good luck in your NSX search!

of course, the search feature! For some reason I didnt think this car was already searched by someone else. You guys really have it together here!

Well Carfax states it ok, after driving it it seemed ok now my next question is what does a normal clutch cost? I am afraid after I get it I might need a clutch. I dont mind since the mileage is high and who knows when it was replaced, I just want to be prepared to get some things done to it.

matt

V21kid,

For bugetary purposes I would use $2000 for a new clutch. That is assuming an OEM clutch, installed. There are also a few good aftermarket choices, some less, some more expensive.

Have you have a pre-purchase inspection yet, by a qualified tech??

HTH,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
V21kid,

For bugetary purposes I would use $2000 for a new clutch. That is assuming an OEM clutch, installed. There are also a few good aftermarket choices, some less, some more expensive.

Have you have a pre-purchase inspection yet, by a qualified tech??

HTH,
LarryB

I have not made a pre-purchase inspection yet. I plan on calling them later today and scheduling that. The only place I know is a local Acura dealer a few minutes away from them.

v12kid:

The Acura dealer should charge you around $80 for an 85 point check that looks at most of the major things. This will be the best $80 you could spend before making your purchase. Also, it would be very helpful if you had access to the records to check things like timing belt, water pump, etc. Remember, $21k could be a good deal, but not if you have to put $5k in right away to make things right.

Good luck, and welcome to Prime!:cool:

Todd

Todd,

Just an FYI, there are no records to check:). Only "warranty" repair records are kept in the AHM database.

Disappointing, but true.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry - thanks for the clarification - I actually meant it would be nice if the seller had records from past maintenance. Why is it that Acura doesn't maintain a centralized database for dealer service records? Porsche, BMW, Lexus...you can access all records of service performed at a dealer by using the VIN. It seems Acura would be able to match this luxury touch...

Cheers!

Todd

Back