• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CarFax report requested...

Winkler, Manitoba, Canada - near Winnipeg
If anyone out there has access or account to getting a carfax, I would like obtain one....(I'm not trying to be cheap, just thought I would ask before signing up for an account) Send me a PM, and I'll let you know the VIN....its one I am very serious about....Thanks

if anyone out there has access or account to getting a carfax, i would like obtain one....(i'm not trying to be cheap, just thought i would ask before signing up for an account) send me a pm, and i'll let you know the vin....its one i am very serious about....thanks

if you are serious about this one then buy a fcvking carfax report yourself.

Yikes, just thought I would ask...my 30 day unlimited search period ended about 2 weeks ago, so rather than just jumping in and buying another, thought I would ask....couldn't hurt right...maybe there is someone else who is within their unlimited period to get reports.....didn't mean to offend anyone...

thought I might jump in....

car fax has stopped offering unlimited reports for at least 5 months now.. are you sure you had unlimited reports?

Not sure about Prime, but I know asking for carfax on other forums is a banable offense.

DocL is right, Sylcurt if you in market to buy an NSX then best you purchase the carfax, since likely you will be looking at more than one car. We at prime members have been very helpful to you already, when you posted if someone can look at a car for you in livermoore california someone step up to the plate. I think the stock market is getting to me these past 3 days, Sylcurt nothing is free in life, dude purchase the dam carfax man.

somebody is having a bad day...

Yeah, it's been a $hitty day.

sylcurt. I appolozige for jumping down your throat. I guess my tolerance level has gotten a little lower than usual. It may even have something to do with my wedding date approaching quickly.

Enjoy your search. :smile:

Edit: I see you are from Canada. Maybe it's the cold winters that has fogged your brain over time. I'll let it slide this time.

-Cheers

Last edited:
....ok, its done, its no biggy...and yes, I am very appreciative for all the help, and comments about the car and purchase insights... I hope I am able to reciprocate in some way in the future on some topic. I have been a member of MDX.org since 2002 and offer whatever opinion / advice I can to fellow owners or potential owners if in some way it can assist them, or at least give them a baseline to make an opinion from. It was just a question.....

FYI - I was doing car fax reports on every NSX that listed a VIN in their listing last month...that was close to my purchase criteria....got an email about two weeks ago saying it was about to expire...and an offer to renew...(which I obviously didn't)
Anyway, its done now....sorry to have turned everyone's day upside down...

regarding markets - they go up , and they go down....let's hope for a better day tommorrow....

if you are serious about this one then buy a fcvking carfax report yourself.

ouch doc! lol

sylcurt welcome to Prime! :biggrin:

Doc is really a nice guy so no worries....good luck on your search. Look in the wiki for for most of your questions.

Sylcurt

All websites have their own evolving culture. During the time that I’ve been here, too many regular requests from members seeking free carfaxes has shifted the prevailing attitude for that practice from tolerance to hostility.

Welcome to the site(I see you've been around a few years already). Anyone looking for an NSX is inherently OK in my book.

Last edited:
All websites have their own evolving culture. During the time that I’ve been here, too many regular requests from members seeking free carfaxes has shifted the prevailing attitude for that practice from tolerance to hostility.-

It goes beyond "tolerance". Carfax monitors forums such as Prime and anyone who uses their account to run a "free" report for someone else is violating the terms of their agreement, will get their account shut down and will not get any monies refunded.

Some members here have been "burned" just because they tried to help out someone and because of that it has been known not to post looking for a "free carfax" and any new posts for one have a tendency of getting a rude wake up call in response to such a request.

It goes beyond "tolerance". Carfax monitors forums such as Prime and anyone who uses their account to run a "free" report for someone else is violating the terms of their agreement, will get their account shut down and will not get any monies refunded.

Some members here have been "burned" just because they tried to help out someone and because of that it has been known not to post looking for a "free carfax" and any new posts for one have a tendency of getting a rude wake up call in response to such a request.

Good point.

I have just learned that in the new helthcare bill there will be free carfax records available. They only apply to those NSX's listed for $6,000.00 or less.

And they delete some of my comments when making fun of Automatic NSX's LOL

Yikes DocL is still the man!!

I think you are in luck my friend. I recently bought my NSX 2-3 weeks ago and my car fax is still good. I have 3 runs remaining. I only used two. Let me know if you still need it. Give me your VIN number and I will run it for you. :wink:

Ahhh geez....I just read this....

Hi guys, (and gals if any are on)....its all good, I errored in judgement...plain and simple...points all well taken....

Just wait until I ask advice on the best Ipod adapter at some future point....lol.....

And Doc, its not the cold winter air that fogged my judgement, its the "green with envy" syndrome I have right now for not being an NSX owner....(lol) .I read pages and pages of posts how happy everyone is with their driving and ownership experience, that its "driving" me crazy looking for the right one that meets all of my expectations....(including my budget at just over $6 grand) .....

Last night after updating my brokerage account, I jumped in the 'ol 03 TL -type S, threw it in manual mode, put on some 80's tunes, and burned up the streets of Winkler....(its kind of like small town Utah....only Canadian....no disrespect to those from Utah....thats just what an American friend of mine told me when he was visiting here)

Have a great weekend all....

By the way, the car I am looking at is one owned by a former Primer
(inactive since 2007 "Zero 260"....)

-at the risk of making another request, < and possibly facing the dealth penalty for doing so...> if anyone knows history that you think I should know about this car, send me a PM...

At least you have that solid Canadian sense of humor:wink:

Sorry couldn't help you buddy. I didn't know there was a restriction on the car fax thing. Hope you find some more info on the car. Good luck!!

Good Luck with your search slycurt. I was bitten by the NSX bug last year and I am 2 weeks away from flying down to get mine. If/when you get yours, make the drive into Winnipeg and we can cruise around a pick up chicks.:rolleyes:

I have been keeping a total of the NSXs in Winnipeg. With the help of my friends who keep their eyes open for NSX sightings, I think there are upto 5 of them in town. I don't think any are active on the boards though.

Well, chicks would be fun, but unfortuantely I am old enough to have my own chicks...son 20, daughter 18....the lad is in Winnipeg every Saturday night clubbing.....we live in Winkler, but are not Winklerites by nature if you know what I mean....

Anyway, ya, when the day comes I get one, I'll bring it to Crown and have them look it over...hoses are my biggest concern....although when I asked Dennis the Serv. Manager about it, he said he's never seen one that needed any work....maybe its a southern thing where temps are hot and AC is used alot?? Anyway, good luck staying contained until you get 'er home....where are you going to pick it up?

Stay in touch....maybe we'll have to start a Southern Manitoba chapter of NSX'ers....we could all go ice drifting on the Red River in January!!!...
See ya....Curtis

Back