• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carolina Z Hunt - September 20th, 2008

Any car join the event :)

Z_Hunt_08_WebLogo.jpg

The Carolina Z_Hunt provides many reasons for you to get out and drive! However, not the least of which is the charitable support of the citizen soldiers that support us at home, and protect us abroad. We will see substantial NCNG resources deployed overseas in the coming year and their families will bear the brunt of this deployment. By joining us in the Carolina Z_Hunt you can help us make that burden a little bit lighter for some. You'll find out more about the NCNG Soldier and Airmen's Family Assistance Fund below. All proceeds from this event go there.

So how does the Carolina Z_Hunt work? The participants of each vehicle (we recognize one driver and one navigator...but that part's up to you) must visit our six route sponsor stops to qualify for the drawing at the end of the event. Trip tickets will be available at each location and you will need them all to qualify for the evening's drawing. Beyond that....we're not going to tell you how to get there or when you have to be there. That part is up to you, so you better make sure you bring a really good map (and start planning now).

A luck-of-the-draw will determine the first stop for each entrant. Whichever place is drawn is where you must go first, simple as that. If you perfer to stay with a group and you don't get lucky enough to draw the same first location you may barter with other drivers till you can get the location you want. Ok, so you've drawn your first location and you have the route list. Now you're ready to go. Everyone will be released by the event staff at 7 AM, sharp. You will have from 7 AM to 6 PM to visit all the stops and collect a trip ticket - the proof that you were actually there. If you don't get all the trip tickets, you won't be eligible for the drawing at the end of the day. Lunch will be served by Event Staff at Backbone Rock near Shady Valley, Tennessee from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM. At 6 PM, everyone needs to arrive at the finish location - The Best Western Mountain Lodge in Banner Elk, NC (more information below). There you will turn in your ticket packet. Those that have collected all six trip tickets will be entered to win the Grand Prize - All expenses for the weekend paid for and a little bit of spending cash thrown in. Second Place will be $100. There will be other awards made for things such as Longest Distance Driven. Event sponsors will have the option of presenting an award of their own. A special prize will be given to the driver who drives the shortest distance. After that....the rest of the night is to hang out and meet your fellow drivers, go out in the parking lot and look at cars, and just generally have a good time if you so choose.

Something to note: On the back of each Trip Ticket will be a pair of clues to Mystery Stop(s) we've set up. For each Mystery Stop you discover, you'll get an extra entry into the Grand Prize Drawing at the end of the night.

* * * MORE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND HERE * * *

ncngbannerlogo.gif
ShadyValley.jpg
NewRiver.gif
AutoShield.jpg

Draco.png
carbotech.gif
RendezvousRidge.jpg

Last edited:
So what's the feedback on this type of event?
Anybody?

Personally I think it's a great idea.
Any car/automobile can play along.
You potentially have your room(if you overnight) and gas paid for, that's cool enough.
You choose where, to go, what to see along the North Carolina routes.
Not to mention, you and you're friends/family can choose any road to "drive" on.

So what's the feedback on this type of event?
Anybody?

Personally I think it's a great idea.
Any car/automobile can play along.
You potentially have your room(if you overnight) and gas paid for, that's cool enough.
You choose where, to go, what to see along the North Carolina routes.
Not to mention, you and you're friends/family can choose any road to "drive" on.
I have a Z (too) and I can tell you (in general) the NSX gets good respect with this crowd.

Why wouldn't the NSX get respect? I know i'd have have one if my circumstances were different.

Not to put you on the spot or anything, Tom, planning on participating?
Hopefully the Nissan GTR i know plays along. I think the more people that show up, the better, more fun it'll be
Some people liked the Austin Heely "Moonshine Run" so much, that they'd try similar, but different..
Having numerous convoys of cars would be so exciting to see.

For all i care, turn it into mini Gumball.

Remember, this event is a charity event for the
ncngbannerlogo.gif

Last edited:
Why wouldn't the NSX get respect? I know i'd have have one if my circumstances were different.

Not to put you on the spot or anything, Tom, planning on participating?
http://www.carolinazclub.com/Z_Hunt08/Sponsor_Logos/ncngbannerlogo.gif[/img]

If I'm not drilling that weekend (Navy Reserves), I'll probably be at Goodings gathering in Raleigh...BUT this sounds like a good time!

Back