• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caution buying diecast from Exoticar.com or Hollywoodmodelcar.com

I thought I'd share my experience so others don't get scammed...
In early Nov. last year I ordered 2 NSX's 1:18 diecast cars off their web site store which showed them in stock. After 5-6 weeks of no shipment and calling their customer service several times, they finally tell me that one of them is out of stock, and they'll only be shipping my 2002+ NSX 1:18 diecast toy to me.

I tell them fine, just ship what you have, and express my annoyance at why they never contacted me and kept telling me it was in transit when it wasn't. They say they'll ship it the following day. After 2-3 more weeks of waiting and calling customer service, I finally get a package. Upon opening the package, instead of the blue 2002+ NSX that I ordered, they shipped me a yellow 1991 style NSX!

I call them and ask what happened, and they tell me they couldn't find the blue 02+ nsx, so they thought they'd just ship me something close. WFT!!!? The offer no apology or sympathy regarding the screw up. I tell them I want a refund, and the promise to reimburse me for shipping the item back.

I ship it back immediately and after over a month of waiting, they finally give me a refund, but they don't credit me for my actual shipping costs on sending it back! They only agree to credit me $5 bucks to cover the $12 bucks I actually spent on shipping costs to send the item back.

Talk about lame product fulfillment and customer service... at least I got them to remove the two nsx's off their website, so they no longer show them up for sale.

Sorry about your bad luck. I have used these guys before multiple times without any issues. However, they don't have any stock NSX"s on their site at the moment. They do have a couple of the JGTC's.

http://www.diecastfast.com/diecast/DCF/PROD/HD/AA-80497

80497.jpg

Good Luck with the search.

Thanks...after they sent me the wrong nsx, I just ordered a stock 2002+ NSX 1:18 diecast from Amazon. It cost $10-15 bucks more, but I got it no problems.

Well I got my first one off a guy here on prime for 130,,, then I found one on craiglist for 20 bucks, sent the guy cash Dumb me,,, tells me he never got the payment,, its only 20 bucks just ship it,, he never did i gave up!!
lesson from this ,, never send cash in the USPS service,, use UPS!! LOL

Back