• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CCU blows so hard

I did a quick search and cant seem to find out how to solve my CCU problem. The unit totally broke down at NSXPO 2011. I talked to a guy about how hard is it to remove it and ship it off to brianK. The guy said you can do it just be very careful not to crack the center console. So I said screw that I dont even use the CCU. So its been dead for three years and all a sudden it comes on by itself whenever it wants blowing rocket hot air. The CCU display has no lights on and I cant turn it off. So is there maybe a way to disconnect power to the CCU without removing the center console?

there is a fuse I am sure for power, but if there isnt then you need to unplug it from the back, but if you have it out to unplug it send it off to brianK would be dumb not to.

You may be able to disconnect it from the rear by accessing from the glove compartment? Not sure if there is enough room.

I removed mine and sent it to BrianK so if I can do it anybody can. :)

Removing the clock is the only hard part. Use a credit card or similar plastic to loosen the retaining clips. Just protect the dash trim with painters tape, a business card or something similar. You can do it.

http://nsxe-repair.com/CCUremoval.html

You may be able to disconnect it from the rear by accessing from the glove compartment? Not sure if there is enough room.

I removed mine and sent it to BrianK so if I can do it anybody can. :)

Removing the clock is the only hard part. Use a credit card or similar plastic to loosen the retaining clips. Just protect the dash trim with painters tape, a business card or something similar. You can do it.

http://nsxe-repair.com/CCUremoval.html

^ what Big_D said. It's not that hard to remove. Just be patient with removing the bezel so you don't scratch or break it, go very slowly.

I have a custom center console or bezel whatever is correct and it is pretty thin and I feel it would be easy to crack the plastic. Anybody know anything about shawn's post about removing just a fuse? That sounds like the easy way to go without breaking sh!t.

I have a custom center console or bezel whatever is correct and it is pretty thin and I feel it would be easy to crack the plastic. Anybody know anything about shawn's post about removing just a fuse? That sounds like the easy way to go without breaking sh!t.

Bite the bullet and remove the bezel carefully. If you take your time and protect the plastic from the removal tool you will be fine. My first fix after purchase was removing the CCU and shipping it to Brian. Three words for you.... ICE - COLD - AIR :biggrin:

^ I did the same. Definitely one of the best/most important things I've repaired in the car and removing the CCU is honestly pretty easy (and I'm terrible with tools). I would much rather risk breaking a customized center console (which can be purchased or remade again) vs. being a sweaty uncomfortable mess in the NSX's nice leathe seats.

I have found recently that its not the CCU its the HIGH RELAY last week mine was doing the same thing swapped CCU for another working one still did it. then I noticed the relay was super hot, swapped it and its fixed, so everyone says its the CCU it could be the relay. so before you rip it out and send it off test the relay, you can use your horn relay as a test relay they are the same, put horn into the a/c socket test, then you have your answer
here a pic

- - - Updated - - -

2014-06-04_10-20-35_490.jpg

Last edited:
Back